Friday, August 13, 2010

Turquoise, Lime and Kraft Makeup

It's time for another Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge over on Paper Makeup Stamps Blog! Todays' challenge comes from the beautiful Bonnie and it's a simple one...just use the color combination of Turquoise, Lime Green, Kraft with a choice of black or white for your neutral. I love Turquoise and Lime Green together...but I had yet to try it out with Kraft. But I ended up coming up with a card that I think works quite nicely.

I finally got inspired by the patterend paper which had turquoise and green with brown tones. Perfect for matching with Kraft! The image is one of my Paper Makeup Stamps that I hadn't ever inked up yet called Caliope with a flower. I haven't bought any other of the Caliope's but this one I liked. I decided to make her look more like a kid playing around with a costume with some paper piecing. Which works fine except for her..um...man hands...ROTFL! The sentiment comes from the Friendly Flowers set also by PMS. I used SC291 for my layout because it just worked perfectly for what I had in mind.

Card Details
Stamps: Caliope w/flower, Friendly Flowers (PMS)
Coloring: Copics (E00, E21, R20, C1) and Stampin' Up (Tempting Turquoise)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: CS-Tempting Turquoise, Kraft (SU); DP-plaid paper from stash
Accessories/Tools: dimensionals, lime green grosgrain ribbon, lime buttons, "Stardust" Stickles (Ranger)


I hope that you will play along with us over at the PMS Blog this week. Remember that you can use any stamps, but if you have some PMS, why not ink them up? Did I mention that if you DO use PMS stamps on this challenge, you could win FREE RUBBAH??? Make sure you go to today's post and link up so we can see your creation. If you post on SCS or PCP, make sure you add the keyword/tag M4TW38 so we can find it!

7 Words of Love:

Bonnie said...

Love this little cutie!! Thanks for helping out with the M4TW challenge this week Lisa!

Michelle VP said...

hehe, I'm cracking up over your 'man hands' comment. Love your paper-piecing and little ribbon tabs. :)

Stephanie Zito said...

Oh my goodness this is too cute Lisa!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Katie Cotton said...

you are my hero! Love the card! Now go snuggle that baby!

Renee' Jensen said...

very cute, and yes that little guy/girl sure looks like he/she is wearing a costume. Reminds me of my ds when he was little. He wore his batman costume nearly every day for a year, that is til he got the superman costume...

Carma said...

The paper piecing is perfect and I love the paper design! I hope your family is doing well!!

Tangii said...

So sweet and that plaid paper is perfect!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps