Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Purse-onally I love Post-Its!

Hello, hello! I am so happy that I have something to share with you today! My house has been a sick house for the last several days as not one, but THREE of us were nailed! I had the dreaded mastitis; the baby had an ear infection; and my 4 year old had a mysterious fever that then went away and left him with a horrible cough and congestion. My husband was the only one spared! Needless to say that stole my crafting time significantly...but today I was able to get back to my craftin' table.

While browsing the Splitcoaststampers Gallery, I stumbled across a tutorial for a Post-It Purse and I LOVED IT! But I didn't save the gallery image in my favorites; and I didn't save the tutorial after printing it off, so I am CLUELESS about who to give credit for it too! So if you happen to know who designed this project, can you let me know?

I opted to go with a combo of Pacific Point and Summer Sun with my daisy being the highlight. I made my purse a little longer so the flap could cover more of the front. I didn't have any velcro, so I used some craft magnets...which though they work, aren't very strong. I will probably use velcro next time.

It's a super simple project and gives you a simply adoreable result! I am definitely going to be making these for some gifts later this year!

Post-It Purse Details
Paper
: CS-Pacific Point and Summer Sun (Stampin' Up); DP-"Good Morning, Sunshine" (SU)
Accessories/Tools: adhesive daisy, bella baubles, craft magnet, ribbon

Challenges:
Cupcake Craft Challenges #105~ Blue and Green
(blue purse and green in the designed paper)
One Stitch at a Time Challenges #27~ Say it with Shapes
(purse is a different shape and everything is cut at angles)
One Stop Craft Challenge #94~ Not a Card

As I said above...if anyone knows where this tutorial came from, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due!

8 Words of Love:

Faye said...

Lisa, this is gorgeous, I love the zingy blue. Hope your house is all better soon. Thanks for playing at Cupcake. xx

Carma said...

Sooo cute! Mastitis is just no fun. I hope you and your boys feel better soon!!

Jo Davies said...

Loving your post it purse what a fab idea, beautiful bright colour too!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us over at One Stitch At A Time this week. Good Luck!

Jo x

Toothy said...

Cute, love it!

Shelly said...

Stunning creation... love the blues & greens! Hope you're all better soon! Thanks for taking part in Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Shelly x

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness this is fabulous! I can't believe you are so organised to be able to make something so lovely while you are all poorly and you have a newborn baby! I am impressed! Hope you are all feeling better now. I found chilled cabbage leaves very soothing, mastitis is horrible.
Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week x

Polly Pierce said...

what a gorgeous project

thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
good luck
Paula x

Padster said...

Gorgeous - thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck - xx

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps