Sunday, August 01, 2010

Hoppy Birthday, Verve!



Welcome to the Anni-VERVE-sary Blog Hop! Verve turns three today and we’re celebrating with a hop, hop, hop! If you've already been hopping along, you arrived here from Lori's Blog...but if you didn't, feel free to start at the beginning of this fabulous (and HUGE) blog hop by visiting the fabulous Julee Tillman's (creator of Verve) blog for all the info on how to win prizes (after all, what's a party without presents?), and to start hopping from the beginning. If there's a hiccup along the hop, you can always head to the Master Hop List to get the full list of links.

I went all out creating two special cards for the hop today because I just ADORE Verve's stamps!


This card was based on the a card in my latest CardMaker Magazine. The sentiment is from the Believe stamp set by Verve and the flowers come from the Because of You set. I found some scrap lace to add and I just love the touch it gave when mixed with the pearls.

I just HAD to try this card out (another one from the same magazine) because I have been really interested in trying the medalion flower technique. It was soooooo easy! I am definitely going to be using it on other cards. This card features sentiments from the Because of You stamp set by Verve. I stamped the word "Friend" from the set on the inside.

Thanks for stopping by, but it's time to send you onward to Cassie's Blog!

Card Recipe #1
Stamps: Because of You, Believe (Verve)
Ink: Old Olive (Stampin' Up)
Paper: CS-Sahara Sand (SU); DP-"Fall Flowers" (SU)
Accessories/Tools: adhesive pearls, lace, dimensionals, sticky strip



Card Recipe #2
Stamps: Because of You (Verve)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Old Olive (SU)
Paper: CS-Old Olive (SU); DP-"Fall Flowers" (SU)
Accessories/Tools: adhesive pearls, dimensionals, Arch Lattice Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Standard Circle Small Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Scalloped Circles Small Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug machine, sponges

86 Words of Love:

Janelle said...

I love the textural elements you've created with the cut outs and the soft colors that complement your use of the lace itself.
Best wishes.
Chanticlear1@gmail.com

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Great cards. Thanks for sharing them during the hop!

Melisa Hunter said...

Very pretty cards! Nice colour combos!

Emily Leiphart said...

Two gorgeous cards, Lisa!

Lisa Christine said...

Your cards are beautiful!

Jen P said...

Great cards - love the paper you used!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

awesome cards!
love your owls on your blog too. Ü

Angel said...

so very sweet and pretty! love them both!

Shari said...

Beautiful colors. Very nice!

Tracy said...

Lovely cards - great colors! Love that medallion on the second card. TFS!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful cards, Lisa! Wonderful designs and details!

Patty said...

These are both so pretty. I love the lace on the first one and the border on the second. Lovely cards.

Cindy said...

Love your work! That medallion is so cool!

jennifer mitten said...

Beautiful cards - you did a great job!

keiut said...

What beautiful cards! I'm not picking from the two because they are both awesome :D

Cheryl said...

very peaceful colors, nice cards. Thanks for sharing.

Olga said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Mary Jean said...

love your colors and your accordian flower!! Very pretty!

Bogner's said...

Beautiful cards. Love all those flowers!

GrannyCharlotte said...

Great cards. Love the colors and the sentiments.

Shannan Teubner said...

GORGEOUS, Lisa! Love the lace!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

super sweet cards Lisa, I luv the added paper flower, super sweet...have a fantastic week girly!

enjoy *~*

Marisa said...

Love the colours on the second one and the flower is fabulous. Lovely soft colours on the top one. Way to go with the card making with baby due just around the corner! My little guy's b-day is tomorrow. Hope your labour is quick and easy!

Kimberly S. said...

Awwwwww....I love these 2 cards!!!! They're both so sweet and elegant!! LOVE the texture on both of them!!

Brandi said...

Gorgeous cards! :)

marilynwillauer said...

Oh man what to say, love your cards. . . so inspiring. . . .beautiful work, paper choices and embellishments!!!
Happy Anniversary VERVE

Lynn McAuley said...

Exquisite work on these beautiful cards!!

Julie E said...

Such sweet cards! I too like that bit of lace and that DP is one of my faves from SU.

Jackie said...

Very pretty! Great job on both cards!

Kerri said...

These are both just beautiful! So perfectly executed:)

debhorst said...

yep....more vervey goodness!! Both card are so beautifully put together!!

Dani said...

So lovely!! Beautiful inspiration!! :)

Jennifer Roach said...

Very pretty! I love the medallion/flower on the second card. Great stuff :)

Terri E. said...

Both of these cards are so much fun.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Wanda Cullen said...

Both of your cards are so lovely!

Melissa Cash said...

Two beautiful cards, love the colors!

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful cards indeed and i really like how you created the flower on the second one

Tanya said...

Fantastic cards! Love the texture and colors. That medallion flower is awesome!

Loretta said...

I am so inspired by these cards. I can see I need to bookmark your blog. You have combined color with neutral in a way that I love!!

Wendy Space said...

Both cards are so elegant. I love that medallion flower!

SimpleScrappin said...

Super Pretty Cards!! TFS!
Hugs
Nikki
Simple.scrappin@yahoo.com

Christina said...

Very pretty cards! I especially like the simple design of the first one. The lace trim adds such a delicate touch!

Billie A said...

Great cards very nice

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are both just beautiful! Love that medallion and the soft yummy colors! Thanks so much for celebrating with us!

LindaR said...

Just stunning!

stamphappy said...

Both of your cards are beautiful! love the colors.

Elaine said...

beautiful cards,great colors and the sentiments are wonderful

Luanne said...

I don't know the medalion technique, but I'm going to serch that one out - it looks marvelous! TFS!

Wendy said...

This is perfect. Love the lace! Good luck with you new arrival!! Congrats!!!

Jane Bosi said...

Nicely Done!

Ravengirl said...

Such beautiful cards!

Lorus! said...

I love both cards! The colors are sweet and I love the medallion!

Lillian Child said...

So very sweet!

Kristina said...

Oh my goodness! Serious talent alert! BOTH of your cards had my jaw on the ground, they're so lovely! I think I'm just gonna take a blog hop break and cruise through more of your cards. :)

Sarah/WAstamper said...

Both of these cards are just lovely. Love the soft colors.

Maureen said...

gorgeous!!! Love the second one with that fabulous medallion...and the first one has the perfect sentiment. And aren't you due anyday? all the best!!!!!

jodie said...

lovely cards,great colors.

Expressions of a Creative Mind said...

These are both simply adorable!!

Purple Princess said...

Beautiful!!

Yvonne said...

Great card!

The Paper Princess said...

Gorgeous cards!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Jami said...

wow, your card is amazing.

Wendy K. said...

Both cards are beautiful. I love the medalion flower!
Wendy K.
www.MyScrapbookingBlog.com

Sandi said...

Soft and so sweet.

Jessy said...

beautiful cards lisa!! love them both! :-)

Mary said...

Beautiful cards! What I noticed most about your blog on this visit, though, is the upcoming baby news!! Best wishes -- 8/3 is my Birthday, too!!! Fun!

sharon said...

One stunning card!
Sharon L

Samantha said...

the medalion is awesome..great colors as well!

kim.mom said...

AWESOME cards!!!

Nancy said...

Great cards. The first one is my favorite, although the flower/medallion is wonderful.

Sassy Scrapin' said...

Love both of your cards...and great soft colors!

Kelly said...

Lovely cards. Love that "Because of you" set!

Katie Cotton said...

these are gorgeous!

Erika M. said...

Your card is amazing!

LaurieJ said...

Beautiful cards. I love the touch of lace! And well done on the medallion.

Janine said...

Two very pretty cards

Maureen said...

These are both beautiful!! I really love that medallion - I'll need to try that!

Heather said...

Two beautiful cards. Great job

Janelle said...

Your cards are lovely. I hope your due date came true. Best wishes!

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Both cards are great! The colors are so nice and the flower is so pretty!

Ola said...

Two gorgeous cards... very beautiful, I love the medallion!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

Joanne Gilch said...

lovely, will have to case these for a challenge this week...thanks for the inspiration.

Pam said...

I absolutly love your ards. They are really gorgous.

Vera said...

These are wonderful cards! You've used some of my all-time favorite SU! DSP!

Crafty Engineering said...

Great cards Lisa! The are both beautiful!

Naomi said...

I love both designs--the color schemes are simply stunning!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps