Monday, August 16, 2010

A Birthday Shutter

Hello all my lovelies! I'm back (finally) with something to share. Yesterday was the first day since Justin was born for me to have the chance to work on something new. I love that he's such an easy baby and just sleeps on the floor wherever I put him. My older son Seth just comes into my crafting room and plays with his toys next to him.

Yesterday I attempted to make another Tri-Shutter Fold Card. I have only made one other one, (which you can see HERE) but I remembered how much I liked the finished project that I decided to do one for my mom's birthday. She adores floral prints and rose tones, so I pulled out one of my most favorite papers for inspiration.


I used two stamps from the Because of You set by Verve for the card front, stamped onto a scalloped oval diecut that I sponged with Rose Red. The middle portion of the shutter fold was papered with Night of Navy which I ran through my Cuttlebug using the newer Polka Dots embossing folder. The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the stamp set Birthday Cheer by Paper Makeup Stamps. I love the addition of the navy satin bow as it's perfectly placed when the card is closed.

If you haven't tried this style of card yet, you should. It looks MUCH harder than it is. I promise!

Challenges I'm Entering:

Tuesday Throwdown #13: More than One Fold
Wild Orchid Challenges #3: One for the Girls
Rosie-D's Challenges #77: More than One Fold

Card Details
Stamps
: Because of You (Verve), Birthday Cheer (PMS)
Ink: Night of Navy, Rose Red and Garden Green (Stampin' Up)
Paper: CS-Rose Red and Night of Navy (SU), White (Georgia Pacific); DP-"Maya Floral" (Glitz Design)
Accessories/Tools: satin navy ribbon, crystal gems, glue pen, Cuttlebug, "Polka Dots" embossing folders


Hope to have more things for you as the week progresses, so check back now and then!

4 Words of Love:

Danni said...

This is gorgeous!! Glad you are getting some crafting time in!

Mervi said...

So lovely folded card!
Thanks for sharing this with us
at Rosie D's;-))m

Michelle VP said...

Oh this is amazing! I love your papers and colors - so pretty! I made one of these at a stamp camp once - so fun! I'll have to try it again soon. :)

Bev said...

Great card, gorgeous papers and colours. Thanks so much for joining us at WOC this week x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps