Tuesday, July 20, 2010

You're the frosting on my cupcake!

It's yet another day here on the farm, but today marks my 38th week of pregnancy! That means I have just a mere 14 days until my due date...how exciting is that? I really and truly hope this little man comes early though, because my feet are killing me! They just don't even look like my own! A trial that comes with having a summer baby in Kentucky!

Here is a cute little card I whipped up last night...
I used the cute little Olive the Otter from the Retro Cutie Critters line by Paper Makeup Stamps. This was the first time I inked her up and she's so cute! I did some paper piecing and I popped up her tasty cupcake--with chocolate frosting of course! I used another PMS set called Sprinkles and Cherries for my sentiment. I chose to use the word "Frosting" because I just love cupcake frosting! I stamped that word in white pigment ink and then went over it with my white gel pen.

I decided to just stamp a faint image of Olive on the inside of the card and just leave it blank.

Card Details

Stamps: Olive the Otter, Sprinkles and Cherries (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), White Pigment (Stampabilities) and Chocolate Chip (SU)
Coloring: Copics (E43, W1, W00) and Prismacolor (Mocha Light) markers
Paper: CS-Chocolate Chip and Bashful Blue (SU), White (Georgia Pacific); DP-Brown and Blue Stripe from stash
Accessories/Tools:
"Polka Dots" embossing folder (Cuttlebug), "Stardust" Stickles (Ranger), white gel pen, blue pearls (Kaiserkraft), Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon (SU), tag punch (SU)

This card is my entry for several challenges this week:

* Sketch and Stash Challenge #40--I used the very CAS sketch with a new stamp and some forgotten patterned paper.
* Card Makin' Mommas Challenge #3: Embossing--I embossed the designer paper on the front of the card
*
The Pink Elephant #76 (TPE76): Brown
*
CAS75: Dry Embossing--I embossed the rectangle image edge and the designer paper

Olive is definitely going to be seeing more ink now that I've tried her out. She's just so cute!

4 Words of Love:

Lisa Kind said...

This is so cute, Lisa! Love his cupcake and great way to pair up that sentiment with this new critter! Love it! :-)

Becky said...

How gorgeous Lisa! Love that adorable image!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash! xx

MommaJess said...

Very cute Lisa and I love the embossing on the DP. More people should try that because its so fun. Thanks for doing the CMM challenge

Katie Cotton said...

this is just adorable with the 2 sets together!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps