Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thanks for Everything (Pop-Up Card)

I am hosting a card party on Sunday and I've been trying out fun designs and projects to share with my guests. My main resource has been either YouTube or the Splitcoaststampers Resources where they have a TON of different fun tutorials. One of the cards which I've always been meaning to try but hadn't yet was the Free Standing Pop-Up Card. I knuckled down and tried it out yesterday.

First off, can I just say how much I adore the new(old) color Pacific Point? It is just such a gorgeous shade of blue! I need to buy more ribbon and some ink in that shade as I only have maybe 20" of ribbon left in that color and I have a feeling I'm going to be using it A LOT!

Here is what this card looks like when folded up:

I used SU only products for this card--something unusual for me, but that's just the way it worked out. The sentiment and the tiny stamped flower are from the BRAND NEW set For Everything. I purchased the unmounted version and I love it! The sentiment actually just has the word "Thanks" in outline, so I filled it in with my SU marker to make it show up better.

The most aggravating aspect of this card was making it stand up right, but I have figured out that you can make it stand how you want by just tweaking and creasing and folding and tweaking some more! LOL!

The pop-up tag was done using the sketch challenge SC289 from Splitcoast. This card is also going to be an entry for this week's CAS-Tastic Challenges(CWC012) which is the word Simple: Stamped Image, Inked Edges, Masking, Paper Piercing, Lace and Embossing. I chose Stamped Image, Inked Edges and Embossing as my three. Can you see my inked edge? I inked the edge of the sentiment with the closest ink I had to Pacific Point. I embossed my strip of Summer Sun.

Card Details
Stamps: For Everything (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun (Stampin' Up) and French Blue (Colorbox)
Coloring: Chocolate Chip marker (SU)
Paper: CS-Summer Sun, Pacific Point (SU), White (GP); DP-"Good Morning, Sunshine" (SU)
Accessories/Tools: Daisy Punch (Marvy), brown brads, pacific point striped grosgrain ribbon, sticky strip, "Flowers" embossing folder (QuikKutz)

I hope that if you haven't tried this little tutorial yet, that you will give it a try. I plan on making another one today because the finished product really is quite cute!

3 Words of Love:

Danni said...

It turned out great! Love the color combo!!

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, this is fabulous ... great color combination!

Thanks so much for joining us in this week's CAS-tastic Wednesday Clean and Simple(CAS), "S.I.M.P.L.E." challenge!

Karen B. said...

What a fun color combination, and very unique layout. I really like those little flowers stamped under the sentiment too!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps