Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tempting Soft Mustard...huh?

So did I grab your attention? I bet you are DYING to know what on EARTH I'm talking about! LOL! Well, I'm talking about my very unusual color combination that ended up on a card I made awhile back. Tempting Soft Mustard translates into a color combination of Tempting Turquoise, Soft Suede and More Mustard. Now seriously, would you have EVER chosen those colors DELIBERATELY for a card? Of course not! But when all was said and done, that is what my patterned paper led me to go with and you know what? Me Likey!

The layout for this card is actually a CASE (Copy and Steal Everything!) of THIS AMAZING CARD in the SCS gallery. I fell in love with her use of the Labels 8 Nestabilities and the rustic feel. And that's about all I carried into my own version of the card. I started by pulling out a RARELY used paper pad I snagged at Michaels wayyyy back when called "Autumn". It has some GORGEOUS paper that I typically only pull out in the fall. But there was just something about this patterned paper which begged me to use it. So imagine my surprise when it coordinated with three Stampin' Up colors!
The leaf branch and the sentiment are by Verve. I lightly went over the leaf with my Gold Spicca pen, but you can't tell unless the card is in the sun.

Card Details
Stamps: Because of You and "Feel Better" (Verve)
Ink: Soft Suede
Paper: CS-Soft Suede, More Mustard (Stampin' Up); DP-"Autumn" paper pad by Recollections
Accessories/Tools: Labels 8 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), paper piercer, sponge, turquoise gingham ribbon, antique brads, gold Spicca pen


So now I want to know...what are some of the weird color combinations you've ended up with when matching paper?

1 Words of Love:

Danni said...

This turned out so nice! Great colors. Not sure of my strangest color combos...I just try to put things together as I go and that look good together!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps