Friday, July 09, 2010

A simply fawn-tastic review and Makeup 4 the Weekend!

Today is the first day of our review of all the fabulous stamps that were just released on July 7th for Paper Makeup Stamps. If you haven't checked them out yet, then you need to head on over to the store and see all the gorgeousness by clicking {HERE}. One of the fave releases this month were the two new beauties Francesca Cat and Felicity Fawn from the Retro Cutie Critters collection. Also released was the coordinating sentiment set Cutie Critter Sayings which has sentiments which go with each of the Critters thus far released. Several of the PMS Makeup Artists are reviewing these adorable little critters today. Which in turn goes together with this week's MAKEUP 4 THE WEEKEND CHALLENGE #34 from PMS Makeup Artist Lisa Kind...use "CRITTERS" on your card or project! How is that for convenience? LOL!

I used Francesca Cat for my Critter sneak, but today I'm sharing with you the adorable Felicity Fawn.

She is just so precious! Wouldn't she be perfect for a baby themed card? I am going to try her out for that very thing before too long. But today, I went with a piece of patterned paper that I sadly used the last of. I just of the earthy colors in it and it matches the SU color Bravo Burgundy perfectly! I colored Felicity with my Copics and I actually love my result! I was a bit wary, but I did all the color tones on a sample of Very Vanilla first before choosing them. Did you see I actually did some stitching? I think it just really added *just* the look I was going for...even if my stitches are bit..um...crooked. LOL! I used this week's sketch on for Card Patterns Challenge #71 for my layout because it was PERFECT for this little lady.

The inside of the card just has the coordinating sentiment from the Critters Sayings set stamped in Bravo Burgundy ink.

Card Details
Stamps
: Felicity and Cute Critter Sayings (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) and Bravo Burgundy (SU)
Coloring: Copics (W00, W1, E35, E43), Prismacolor (Brick White and Mocha Light) and SU (Bravo Burgundy and Garden Green) markers
Paper: CS-Very Vanilla and Bravo Burgandy (SU); DP-from stash
Accessories/Tools: hydrangea primas, brads, machine stitching, "diamond" stickles (Ranger), Classic Rectangles Small Nestabilties (Spellbinders), foam tape, white gel pen


Want to see more of the Retro Cutie Critters? Head on back to the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog and you'll be able to catch a glimpse at what some of the other Makeup Artists have for you!
We'd love to have you play along with us this week in our Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge of using critters. You don't have to use any PMS stamps, so why not play along? Just go to today's post on the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog and add your link to your creation for us to see. If you upload to SCS or PCP, make sure to add the tag/label "M4TW34"!

And if you didn't get a chance to do our FABULOUS Release Party Blog Hop yet, CLICK HERE to get started and earn your code for 15% off your purchase!

5 Words of Love:

Crafty Engineering said...

So sweet! I love how Felicity turned out as well...and the stitching is perfect!

Michelle VP said...

Very sweet! I love Felicity with burgundy and your stitching really adds great borders around your card. :)

Michelle Gotoh Bertuzzi said...

Always love looking finished cards in and out. This is a true darling! Love the coloring and stitches. Glad you could join us at CP!

Danni said...

What a pretty, pretty card!!

Ginny said...

I LOVE how you colored her! I'm going to have to get this one inked up for the M4TW.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps