Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Simply Dazzling!

We had a delightful night of torrential downpours and big thunderstorms! It took so much of the humidity out of the air and refreshed everything including my little shrivelled dahlia plant that is struggling to survive! Poor thing...grow baby grow! LOL!

I had fun working on a birthday card for my best friend who lives back in Oregon. I miss her sooo much and wish we lived closer as our husbands are good friends and her youngest son is just 2 months younger then my son. But sadly, I only get to see her about once a year...but I NEVER forget her birthday! She always looks foward to my cards and has saved and actually framed them! I'm super touched that she does that, so I try to make her fun cards to save.

This card features my newest The Greeting Farm stamp Wild Sprout Gigi! She was so much fun to color, and I actually paper pieced her top and tights to match my paper. There is just something super fun about lime, black and white, don't you think?

I dazzled her up with little flower gems, a tiny crystal gem necklace, a sparkly black skirt and a glitter purse! She's got the bling going on!

Card Details
Stamps: WS-Gigi (TGF)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (E00. E21, Y21, YR23, C1, YG03, R20)
Paper: CS-Basic Black (Stampin' Up), White (Georgia Pacific); Designed Paper from Stash
Accessories/Tools: Standard Circles Small Nestabilities (Spellbinders), "Polka Dots" Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), adhesive flower gems, adhesive crystal gems, "Stardust" Stickles (Ranger), white gel pen


Challenges:
CPS176-The sketch layout
(I changed the center square to a circle)
Anyone for Anya-Be Dazzled

Well, I have what HOPEFULLY will be my last doctor's appointment today. I get my last ultrasound to make sure that baby boy is where he needs to be and to take his measurements again. I hope that head hasn't grown much more than it did last time! LOL! Maybe, just maybe they'll say that I'm already dialating. That would make me sooo happy! There IS a full moon on Monday you know...and they say that it has amazing labor inducing powers! :)

3 Words of Love:

Carma said...

Lisa, This card is so cute! I've been thinking of you and hope the little guy arrives soon and easily for you!

Donna said...

Hi Lisa, I just thought I'd pop by and say hello...hope all OK with you! Gorgeous card and such pretty papers :) Donna x

Carisa said...

great card! i love your bling & i agree - lime green and black is such a cool color combo.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps