Monday, July 19, 2010

Not your typical cards...

I'm just taking it easy today, which means LOTS of crafty time! I just have to remember to put a stool under my feet when sitting at my craft desk. The cards for me to share today aren't your typical cards. The first one is a Spring Card and the second one is an Envelope card. I enjoy making both of these styles because they are out of the ordinary, but still fit inside normal envelopes. You can click on those links to be taken to the tutorials.

My Spring Card

I used the coordinating paper from the Fall Flowers Designer Paper by Stampin' Up. I recently purchased the Sahara Sand cardstock and I really like the color. I added Kaiserkraft white pearls to the base and underneath the sentiment. The sentiment is from the For Everything set by SU. I always like to add a plain piece of cardstock to the back side of the top portion so that I can write a personal message and it helps the stability of the card.

My Envelope Card

This is one of my favorite ways to send little things in the mail. As long as you keep everything fairly light and flat, you can send all sorts of goodies. I made another one of these cards last week to send my dad and brother some guitar picks. It worked perfectly! The little bird is from the same For Everything set and that paper is from a $1 pack I found at Michaels a long time ago.

Spring Card Details
Stamps: For Everything (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Old Olive (SU)
Paper: CS-Old Olive, Sahara Sand (SU), White (Georgia Pacific); DP-"Fall Flowers" (SU)
Accessories/Tools: ribbon, white pearls (Kaiserkraft)


Envelope Card Details
Stamps: For Everything (SU)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (YG01, YG03, W00, C1)

Paper: CS-Basic Black (SU), White (GP); DP-from stash
Accessories/Tools: Classic Squares Large Nestabilties (Spellbinders), small lunch bag


If you haven't ever tried either of these card designs, you should! They really aren't that hard at all!

2 Words of Love:

Michelle VP said...

Delightful! Love your non-typical cards! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

These are awesome!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps