Friday, July 30, 2010

A Makeup Collection for Baby...

Happy Friday! Any big plans for the weekend? Nothing much going on here...just waiting for the baby. I've been able to make quite a few cards this past week, including something for today's Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge (M4TW37)! Today's challenge is brought to us by new PMS Makeup Artist Anita Hovey! Her challenge for everyone is "Stash It! Make a collection of cards to use later". Isn't that a great challenge? Did I mention there is a prize this week??? Yep, anyone who does the challenge and uses Paper Makeup Stamps images or sentiments on their project will get entered to win a single stamp of their choice from the fabulous store!!!!
How often do we only make one of something? I know that I rarely make more than one matching card at a time, unless I'm doing a simple notecard set or something. But I decided to make the most of my supplies and put together a set of three cards to use later.

Can you tell that babies are on my mind right now? LOL! Yep, each of these cards is a "Congratulations" card for new parents. I was inspired by that fabulous patterend paper! Isn't it adoreable! I love how I can cut out the animals from the paper and use them as embellishments! I found it by the sheet at Hobby Lobby.

Card #1

This card is the other one I mentioned back on Tuesday. I used the same simple design from the FS181 challenge. Didn't I say it was easy to replicate? The sentiment "Congratulations on your new addition" is one of the many single sentiments available at Paper Makeup Stamps and was used on all three of the cards in this collection.

Card #1 Details
4 1/2" Square
Stamps: "Congratulations on your new addition" (PMS)
Ink: Really Rust (Stampin' Up)
Paper: CS-More Mustard (SU), white (Georgia Pacific); DP-"Zoo Friends" (The Paper Studio)
Accessories/Tools: Standard Circles Small Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Classic Scalloped Squares Small Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug Machine, dimensionals


Card #2

This fun little card was the first one in the series that I made. I loved cutting out that little alligator! I added a smidge of sparkle to the little birdie. The ribbon/button bow was a new technique that I learned from the latest Card Maker Magazine and I loved how it turned out. The inside of the card is stamped with the "Congratulations" stamp I used on all the cards in this set. I really like how the inside of this card turned out.

Card #2 Details
Stamps: "Congratulations on your new addition" (PMS)
Ink: Really Rust (Stampin' Up)
Paper: CS-More Mustard (SU), White (Georgia Pacific); DP-"Zoo Friends" (Paper Studio)
Accessories/Tools: ribbon, button, twine, "Swiss Dots" embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Cuttlebug Machine, dimensionals


Card #3

I needed to go more girly with one of the cards, so I used Pale Plum and some ribbon instead of the More Mustard cardstock on the other two cards. I was inspired by the giraffes, which is why I stamped the sentiments on this card (Both by Paper Makeup Stamps) with Rose Red as a contrasting colors...pulling from the darker color of the girafes's mane and spots. I paper pierced the edges of the patterned paper on the front.

Card #3 Details
Stamps: "Congratulations on new addition", "Root of the Heart" (PMS)
Ink: Rose Red (Stampin' Up)
Paper: CS-Pale Plum (SU), White (GP); DP- "Zoo Friends" (The Paper Studio)
Accessories/Tools: paper piercer, white grosgrain ribbon


I really like these cards and will most definitely replicate their style in the near future!
Now it's your turn to participate in the Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge! Just make yourself a collection of cards and then upload them and add a link to your upload over on the today's post! We can't wait to see what you have created--and if you are thinking you can't do it because you don't have any PMS stamps yet, YOU CAN! We don't require them for entry in our challenges, because we just want you to play with us...but with this challenge, if you DO have them and USE THEM, then you could win the fabulous prize this week!!
If you play, make sure you add the keytag M4TW37 to any SCS or PCP uploads so we can find you there too!

9 Words of Love:

Jane Wetzel said...

sooooo sweet! love these! best wishes on your upcoming delivery! :)

Lisa Kind said...

Well, this is a perfect way to end your surprise baby shower hop...with you making baby cards! LOL!!! Hope you enjoyed your surprise hop! Good luck with baby!

Stephanie Zito said...

Adorable cards Lisa!!!! Hope you enjoy your surprise PMS Baby Hop today! Keeping my fingers crossed that your baby comes soon!

Michelle VP said...

What a perfect set of cards! I love that you cut out images from the DP and used them as focal points. :)

Carma said...

These cards are adorable and I loved your baby card blog hop today! I hope the little guy arrives very, very soon. Much love to you and your family.

Melissa said...

Adorable cards! Best wishes on your delivery!

Christi said...

What a wonderful set!! Sending labor vibes your way!! LOL!!

Tracy said...

Sooooo cute! Hoping it's "baby time" soon!

Anita Hovey said...

Lisa this set is just adorable! Hoping for you that today is the day!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps