Thursday, June 03, 2010

With Sympathy and Elements of Style

I have never purchased a single Stampin' Up stamp set from the company itself. I've snagged some used sets from friends because they were wayyy more in my price range…but most of them sit unlinked. It's not that I don't love them, it's just that I love un-mounted stamps more! LOL! As you can imagine seeing that Stampin' Up was going to un-mounted just tickled my fancy! Especially when it put the sets more in my price range. There was one set that as soon as I saw it I knew there was no way I would use it. It was too…feminine? Flowery? Whatever you want to call it. It was NOT me…until I saw it being used. Over and over and over. And I fell in love…sigh. Needless to say, the power of persuasion worked and I made Elements of Style my own. The un-mounted version of course. It was SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper (almost $10!) then the mounted, which was very good for my tiny budget.

My stamps arrived yesterday and I wasted no time! I knew that I could make the perfect sympathy card with this set.


As you can see I decided to try out Shabby Chic—and this time I think I did much better as it is much more vintage looking. I have the fabulous SU Demonstrator Dawn Griffith to thank for that. This card is a CASE from her video tutorial she did several weeks ago. I decided to color the flowers with my Copics to get a bit more shadow, though I did stick with the Certainly Celery SU marker for my leaves as I don't quite have the right green for that yet in my Copic collection.

I used the set Forever in Our Hearts by Verve for my sentiment and the font goes perfectly with this vintage look. I don't have a slit punch (yet!) so I had to be creative for the little tabs. I used my Coluzzle knife and a scallop pattern to *make* it work. LOL!

Due to a lack of Dazzling Diamonds (yes, I need to get that too!) I went with some "Stardust" Stickles. I only dabbed a few of the flowers because I didn't want it to be too sparkly.

So what do you think?

I think I'm going to be using this set A LOT! LOL!

Card Details
Stamps: Elements of Style (SU) and Forever in Our Hearts (Verve)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede (SU), Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: SU Markers (Certainly Celery and Creamy Caramel) and Copics (R00, RV13, RV34)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Pretty-in-Pink and Chocolate Chip (SU)
Accessories/Tools: Labels 8 Nesties (Spellbinders), paper piercer, Coluzzle blade, brass mini brads, pink satin binding tape (Wrights), distressing tool, Cuttlebug, sponge, dimensionals and "Stardust" Stickles (Ranger)


Don't forget that the Sneak Peaks for the June Release by Paper Makeup Stamps starts TOMORROW!!!!!

1 Words of Love:

Michelle VP said...

Beautiful! I never would have given this set a second glance without seeing this gorgeous creation of yours. I love everything about it! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps