Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Verve Release Challenges!

Verve Stamps is having their big June release on Friday the 25th and is doing a week of challenges to celebrate! This month there are 5 challenges and each challenge gives you a choice of 4-5 different sketches. All you have to do is pick one! I love this idea and since I've got my mojo flowing, I'm participating! I'd love to win some Verve $$ because there are most definitely stamps that are calling my name! LOL!

I'm starting backwards with Verve Stamps June Release Challenge #5! I used the VLV May Week #2 sketch to create my card. I have only made maybe 3 long cards ever...so that is one of the reason I chose this sketch and boy I'm in LOOOOVEEEE with what I came up with! I started with the gorgeous patterned paper and just went from there! That paper (Maya Floral by Glitz Design) is available by the sheet at Hobby Lobby so you really need to grab you some of it! Rose Red and Night of Navy coordinate perfect with it and happen to be two of my most favorite Stampin' Up colors. I used the single stamp Psalm 121:1-2 by Verve. I didn't have any circles that really fit well for the look I was going with, so I swapped out that shape with the leaves. I think it goes MUCH better.

Card Details
3 1/2" x 7"
Stamps: Psalm 121:1-2 (Verve)
Ink: Night of Navy (SU)

Paper: CS-Night of Navy and Rose Red (SU), White (Georgia Pacific); DP-"Maya Floral" (Glitz Design)
Accessories/Tools: Classic Rectangles Small Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Sizzlits Little Leaves (SU), "Victoria" embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Cuttlebug Machine, dimensionals, flat back metal silver pearls


If you haven't tried any long cards, you should give it a try. They are very easy and look so nice! Now I need to get some nice long envelopes so I don't have to just use the generic long business ones we have in our office! LOL!

I will continue to post my other four challenge cards as I get them completed. I'm on a roll, so I'm hoping (gulp) to get them all done tonight!

2 Words of Love:

Lisa Kind said...

Very pretty, Lisa! I love the long card and the colors are fab!

Carma said...

Beautiful card Lisa. I just made my first long card too (but I'll have to wait a few days before I can post it).

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps