Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Two-in-One...ICS and CC272

It's Wednesday! Can you believe that it's already the second day of June?? The 6th month? Which means the year 2010 is already half over! Shocking, isn't it? And June means SUMMER!!! Woot! I love a lot of the aspects of summer. I would enjoy it more if I wasn't finishing up a pregnancy...LOL! Oh well!



This card is for two challenges, which is where I got the layout and the color theme. The colors are for the Color Combination Challenge #272 for Splitcoaststampers (CC272). The color combination was Bermuda Bay, Real Red and Kraft. I really love the way these colors look together. I'm soooo glad I just ordered two packs of Bermuda Bay cardstock! (ps. It's 50% off right now!!) Now I just need to get more Real Red. The layout is for Inspirational Card Sketches Pick-your-own-Sketch Challenge for this week. We were told to pick a past sketch from ICS history. I chose ICS #63.

It's a very nice straightforward sketch. I love any sketch that is mostly squares, even though I can do nearly any shape now. LOL! I opted against designer paper for this card, choosing to dry emboss using my newest Cuttlebug embossing folder "Victoria". Can we say love at first use???? It is going to be used A LOT!

The sentiment is by Paper Makeup Stamps from the set Everyday Thanks. I added the butterflies at the last minute just to give it some more detail. I hope they aren't too much. I even pulled out my Red and Black Spicca pens to add just a smidge faint bit of sparkle. Red over the red letters and the black for the butterflies.

The inside of this card is decorated a little wonky. But wonky can sometimes look alright. LOL! I *had* to use the Victoria EF again...right? LOL!

Card Details

Stamps:
Everyday Thanks (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Stampin' Up Markers (Taken with Teal & Real Red)
Paper:
CS-Kraft, Bermuda Bay and Real Red (SU), White (Georgia Pacific)
Accessories/Tools: Labels 8 Nesties, Nested Butterfly, Long Classic Rectangles Large Nestabilities (Spellbinders), silver mini brads, "Victoria" embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Cuttlebug, Red and Black Spicca pens, dimensionals

Only two more days until the Paper Makeup Stamps June Release Sneak Peaks start...are you excited? This month is yet ANOTHER fabulous one and the Design Team members are having a blast putting projects together for you!

6 Words of Love:

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Lisa! The colour comobo is beautiful and I love the added touch of the butterflies!!

Sanwanya said...

This is one of my favorites card you have done,love the color combo and layout!Very pretty great job!

Dianna said...

Very elegant card! Thanks for joining us at ICS this week!

Debs said...

Love this colour scheme, great card, thanks for playing at ICS this week.

Michelle VP said...

Love the card you put together with these colors. Great texture and butterfly accents. :)

Jackie said...

Thanks for playing along with the ICS challenge this week, I love your card. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps