Sunday, June 06, 2010

Tweet Things for Day 3 of PMS June Sneaks

It's Day 3 of our Design Team (aka. Makeup Artists) sneaks of the June Release for Paper Makeup Stamps. Today we are sharing the second stamp set being released this month. It is called Tweet Things and has 11 different stamps in the set: 6 images and 5 sentiments. These images are all very simple designs which makes them great for paper piecing, layering and coloring!

My card features the beautiful Peacock in the set.
You might need to click the pictures for a better look as blogger shrunk them down.

Isn't it gorgeous? As I said above, it's the perfect image for layering. I used three images of the peacock-one for the base, one for the body and one for the wing. I colored the peacock using the feather technique to incorporate my green and blue together.


I HAD to go over the feathers with Stickles to really capture the essence of elegance in this bird.

I used the Tri-fold Card technique by Dawn Griffith, but added my own belly band to it to make sure that it stayed closed. I'm including the measurements for the card I made, if you want to try it out for yourself:

______________________________
Tri-Fold Card w/Belly Band

*Base:

Cardstock cut 11" x 4 ¼"
Score at 3 ¾" and 2" at each end
*Panels
Cardstock cut 4" x 1 ¾" (Cut 2)
Designer Paper cut 3 7/8" x 1 5/8" (Cut 2)
*Inside
Cardstock cut 4" x 3 ¼"
*Belly Band
Cardstock #1 cut 1 ¼" x 8 ½"
Cardstock #2 cut 1" x 8 ½"


Attach all the layers and attach to card as desired.
Add your own image layer to the belly band.
_________________________________________

I ran my turquoise layer of the belly band through my Cuttlebug using the Textiles folder and die-cut the peacock image using the Standard Circles Small Nesties.

The inside of the card features the sentiment "I'm so Proud" which is included in the Tweet Things set. I didn't like just a white panel, so I lightly stamped a fleur-de-lis from my Kindred Spirits set by Verve in the center using Tempting Turquoise ink.

Card Details

Stamps: Tweet Things (PMS) and Kindred Spirits (Verve)
Ink: Tempting Turquoise (SU)
Coloring: Copic Markers (B000, B00, B01, B02, YG06, YG11, C1)
Paper: CS-Tempting Turquoise (SU) and White (Georgia Pacific); DP-from stash
Accessories/Tools: Standard Circles Small Nestabilities (Spellbinders), adhesive crystal gems, "Stardust" Stickles (Ranger), "Textiles" embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Cuttlebug, dimensionals


I hope you will check out what the other Makeup Artists have designed for today's sneak of the Tweet Things set. You can get little glimpses by checking out today's post on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog.

Don't forget that tomorrow is the BIG DAY! It's the day of our June Release Makeup Artist Blog Hop AND the Release Party AND the night all these lovely stamps are available for sale!
See you tomorrow!


P.S. This image and sentiment are actually bigger than what I've demonstrated. At the time I made this card, I had to use a digi image which is smaller than the actual rubber. This set WILL be available in digi form as well as in rubber.

7 Words of Love:

Randee E said...

Lisa, this card is stunning. I'm sure it is even more spectacular and sparkly IRL. I LOVE how you layered the Peacock and the whole layout too!

Tangii said...

Very nice Lisa! Your Peacock looks stunning!

Michelle VP said...

Beautiful! Love the sparkliness of your peacock and turquoise color scheme. :)

Danni said...

Love the dimension!! Gorgeous card!

Carisa said...

this is fabulous!!! i love your coloring & layering. can't wait for the release tomorrow.

Alex said...

beautiful. LOVE the bling, but the card style is fabulous!

jan farnworth said...

this card is very cute. love how unquie it is.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps