Sunday, June 20, 2010

Stationery Box in Pink and Crumb Cake

Man oh man. It is BOILING here! We are in the triple digits due to the heat factor and that sun burns your skin in no time! I can't wait until all the hay is baled and we can get our delightful swimming pool up and ready for me to soak myself in! Mmmm....

Because of the heat, I've just been inside doing odds and ends...and crafty things! I decided to take on the challenge of making another Stationery Box! I remember NOW why I've only made one other one! LOL! So time consuming...yet it's such a great project and gift that it really is worth it.

I used the Stationery Box Tutorial available on Splitcoaststampers, though there are a few others out there. I decided to go with the standard collection of tags, 3 x 3 notecards, greeting cards, memo book, stamp holder and pen holder. The lid features my very first Rolled Flowers. I did a smaller one and then a larger one and smashed them together with a jeweled brad. They were rather fun to make so I'm sure you'll be seeing them again in the future.

My little 3 x 3 notecards feature stamps by Paper Makeup Stamps. One is the "Because you are my friend" single and the other is part of the Purpose of Friendship set.

The greeting cards feature the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Birthday Cheer set by Paper Makeup Stamps. I used my new Arch Lattice Border Punch by Martha Stewart on these cards...isn't it snazzy? It was just $7 at my WalMart, and since I've been drooling over it, I had to snag it!

I am using this set for my entry into this week's challenge at Crazy for Challenges #42 (C4C42) of Paper Flowers. My rolled flower on the lid was made using cardstock. I used the Rolled Flower Tutorial HERE.

It was a big job, but I'm very satisfied with the results and honestly I am getting a bit faster at putting it together. The main thing I've found is that you need to keep the goodies for the inside along the CAS (Clean and Simple) lines. That way you can do a bunch at one time.

Stationery Box Details
Stamps: Purpose of Friendship, Birthday Cheer, "Because you are my friend" (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up)
Paper: CS-Kraft/Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla (SU); DP~DS cardstock "Cherrywood Lane/Paisley" (Heidi Grace)
Accessories/Tools: Labels 8 and Standard Rectangles Small Nestabilities (Spellbinders), jeweled brad, mini silver brads, cream satin ribbon, Arch Lattice Border Punch (Martha Stewart), sticky strip


I hope you all have a delightful Father's Day! My men are our doing hay today, so we'll treat them to a nice grilled dinner and cheesecake! Yummy!

5 Words of Love:

Danni said...

Wow Lisa! This is amazing!! Wow!!!

Sanwanya said...

very pretty Lisa,I think I might try this out this week!

Karen B. said...

Holy cats, the hard work is really worth it if you get results like this! I've only tried this one, and it didn't look near as beautiful as your rendition. Love that border punch too!

Carma said...

Lisa, This is absolutely beautiful and my favorite colors! Hope your guys stayed hydrated today. I remember taking lunch out to the men in the hay fields with my mom when I was growing up in Nebraska and the guys drinking GALLONS and GALLONS of iced tea.

Terri said...

Great job!This will make a wonderful gift. Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog and leaving such a nice comment about my work too!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps