Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mojolicious Isabella

Well, yesterday was the first day of summer and we got up to nearly 100 degrees…and then a big storm moved in beginning with seriously strong winds. Naturally I had just filled my clothesline with sheets and I watched them being ripped off, so I hurried my VERY preggo little self out to battle the wind as I struggled to take them all back off. I watched as the rain moved up the river and the skies turned black. The thunder and lightning arrived with gusto and FINALLY we cooled off with the blissful summer rain. I really don't mind random storms like this, especially when the temperature and humidity is so unbearable. It cools things off delightfully!

But let's get down to stamping stuff. I had fun inking up two new stamps from my collection to use for my card today.


Isn't that fairy divine? Her name is Isabella and she's one of the delightful sprites in the Beautiful Day Fairies line by Paper Makeup Stamps. Her outfit is just so beautiful and something I myself wouldn't mind borrowing if the occasion arrived! LOL! She was colored with Copics and then I went over her corset belt with Black Diamond Stickles. I traced over the laces with my Black Spicca pen. Her wings shimmer courtesy of Stardust Stickles and the heart she's blowing was dabbled with Xmas Red Stickles. To add some sparkle to her dress, I went over the lines in the skirt with my Red Spicca and since she IS a fairy, I added just a touch of Gold Spicca to her beautiful hair. She is a shimmering lady of love indeed! I think all her bling and fabulousness makes this card a perfect entry for this week's Paper Sundaes Challenge #23: Pretty as a Princess. She's my princess of sparkly love!

I used this week's sketch #144 on the Mojo Monday Blog for my layout—pulling out that fabulous Intricate Swirls paper again. I just adore black, white and red together, don't you? The inside of my card has my little sentiment "You have my ". This is also a PMS sentiment and just matches this image perfectly.



Challenges:
* Mojo Monday #144
* Paper Sundaes #23: Pretty as Princess


Card Details
Stamps: Isabella and "You have my " (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Coloring: Copics (C1, C3, C5, C7, C8, E00, E21, R20, R27, R29, YR21, Y21)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: CS-Real Red, Basic Black (Stampin' Up) and White (Georgia Pacific); DP-"B & W Intricate Swirls" (The Paper Studio)
Accessories & Tools: silver ribbon; red adhesive gems; "Black Diamond", "Stardust" and "Xmas Red" Stickles (Ranger); "Red", "Black" and "Gold" Spicca pen; dimensionals; Labels 8 and Classic Squares Large Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Cuttlebug Machine


If you haven't already checked out the Beautiful Day Fairy line available at Paper Makeup Stamps, you really need to. They are simply gorgeous and can be used for so many different occasions.

6 Words of Love:

Tracey said...

I love Isabella and what a gorgeous card! Such a stunning colour combo!!

Toothy said...

Very pretty, Lisa, I love, black, white and red together.

Carma said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! You just can't have too many sparkles :)

HappyCrafter said...

What a romantic card, and the inside is so pretty. Thank you for playing with us at Paper Sundaes!

Tina said...

This is absolutely stunning!

Crystal said...

This is so pretty & it's using one of my fave PMS images too! I love the red/black and how you decorated the inside. Thanks for playing along with Paper Sundaes this week :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps