Friday, June 11, 2010

Life is Sweet with Freckled Lemonade!

Today is review day for the brand new Freckled Lemonade stamp set just released on June 7th by Paper Makeup Stamps. I wanted to try to use the images from this fun summery set and do up some notecards. It started out as a simple thing, but when all was said and done I worked on it for HOURS before I was finished! I made a complete notecard set WITH a holder and coordinating envelopes and used EVERY SINGLE STAMP in this set!

Enjoy but I'm warning you, this is a picture heavy post!! LOL!

(You can click on any of the pictures for a better look)


I used my green gingham paper as my only paper and then used the images from the set for my focal points. All the large pieces of DP I distressed to give it a more fun look. I mixed and matched the images with the sentiments in the set and only decorated the card fronts.
The notecard holder pattern is the one found in the latest edition (July 2010) of CardMaker Magazine on page 30-31. I rarely ever...okay, perhaps NEVER is the better choice of word...anyways, I never use eyelets, but I dug them out for the holder because I just thought it was so cute! The inside was really bare once I had it all together, but the designer paper just didn't work for me. I made my own DP with the lemon stamp from the set and I think it looks MUCH better now.

My fruit notecard was done in three layers (like what Lisa Kind did on her card) bringing the strawberry to the very front. I added Stickles to the fleshy part of the citrus and to the strawberries for some nice sparkle!

Copics (Y00, Y11, Y13, YG01, YG03,YG06, YG11, R29)
SU Marker (Garden Green)


The drink notecard turned out better than expected as I'm not really good at using my Copics on transparent glass images yet...but then the glitter makes EVERYTHING better!

Copics (C1, Y11, Y13, Y21, YG01, YG03, RV11, RV34, R22)
SU Marker (Ruby Red)

This little citrus notecard turned out perfect with the solid stamp. I did some multi-toned inking with my SU markers to get the looks I wanted. And I added sparkle--naturally! I did the same technique for the citrus pics on the front of the notecard holder.


SU Markers (Certainly Celery, Gable Green, So Saffron, Summer Sun and Yo-Yo Yellow)

My pitcher notecard was the most frustrating of the set. I couldn't color that pitcher to my satisfaction for the life of me, but FINALLY left it alone after this last attempt! And decided that glitter covered a multitude of sins!

Copics (Y00, Y11, Y13, Y21, YG01, YG03, YG06, YG11, R22, R29, C1)
Prismacolor (Brick White)



The drink and pitcher cards were the only ones with an inner sentiment because I felt it went well with the single word sentiments on the front.


This set has used every stamp that is in the Freckled Lemonade set and I hope it has inspired you to add this set to your collection! Remember that this set is also available in DIGI!
Challenges:

* I'm entering this set into the Paper Sundaes Challenge #21 for this weeks theme of Summer Fun. For me, ice cold lemonade totally brings to mind hot summer days of swimming or just sunbathing outside. It is my drink of choice during the summer months!

* This set is also my entry for the Cupcake Craft Challenge Blog's "Dazzle/Sparkle" challenge #94. Every one of my cards AND the card holder just sparkles when the sun hits it.

* This set is also perfect for this week's Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge #30 on the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog! The theme this week is a card, project or layout with "Anything about food!" Hope you will play along! Remember, no PMS stamps are required to play, so get inking and post a link to your creation on Mr. Linky at the PMS Blog!

Notecard Set Details
Stamps:
Freckled Lemonade (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Paper: CS-White (Georgia Pacific); DP-lime green gingham from stash
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) and Graphite Black (Brilliance)
Coloring: see the notes under each photo
Accessories/Tools: white notecards (4" x 5.5") w/envelopes, baubles, "Stardust" and "Diamond" Stickles, Standard Circle Small Nesties, Long Standard Rectangle Large and Standard Ovals Large Nesties (Spellbinders), distressing tool, dimensionals, sun yellow satin ribbon, lime green flower eyelets, Silent Setter (Provocraft)

Well, I hope you enjoyed this little project of mine. If you visit my blog often, you know I don't do many full projects, but this one just struck my fancy and *viola*! LOL!
Have a delightful day and remember...
"Enjoy life one sip at a time!"

8 Words of Love:

Michelle VP said...

What a delightful project, Lisa! I love all the sparkle on your fruit and lemonade and how coordinated everything is in your gift set. :) I'm stalking my mailbox for my set to arrive. :)

The Crafty Den said...

What a gorgeous set. Love the images and the colour scheme is stunning. Thanks for joining in with my "dazzling" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Danni said...

Oh my goodness!! This is truly amazing!! Wow!! FABULOUS job!

Shaela said...

you ROCKED this set girl!! :) what a great showcase and gift set! and I agree... glitter/stickles make EVERYTHING better, lol. :)

I usually "color" glass on my images with Glossy Accents. I leave it white (uncolored) and cover it with a thin layer and it looks fabulous! :) you should try some if you find you still struggle coloring glass, but after this post I think you'll be fine ;)

alicaz said...

wonderful! simple and classy! love the popped up fruit!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

HappyCrafter said...

What a great set, I love how everything is coordinated! So glad you played along with us this week at Paper Sundaes!

Justine said...

This is a beautiful project. Nice and clean. I could see this in a boutique

Carma said...

This is absolutely fantastic! (You colored glass MUCH better than I do!)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps