Monday, June 07, 2010

Hoppin’ Along the PMS June Release

Welcome to my blog!If you are participating in the Release Day Blog Hop for Paper Makeup Stamps, then you should have just come from Dawn Knight's Blog. If you just landed here because you just love me a lot, then I bid you welcome as well! Feel free to start at the beginning of the hop back at the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog where you can get some info about today's hop, including the discount code that you can collect letters for!

So far I'm sure you have seen some fabulous eye candy from my fellow PMS Makeup Artists. Today, as you know, we are focusing on the new animal line by illustrator Diem called Retro Animals. You might have already met my little fellow in the blog hop, but if not, then I'm please to introduce you to Webster!


Webster is a very smart little owl who you just have to invite to all your birthday parties, because he's already got his present wrapped and ready to go! I colored Webster with Copics, then cut him out and mounted him on an oval die-cut.
I decided to pop up his present with dimensional and added some stickles to the ribbon on his gift. This card's layout was inspired by the card on page 26 of the May 2010 issue of CardMaker Magazine.

The inside of my card features one of the sentiments from new Tweet Things set "Happy Bird-Day to you".

Card Details
Stamps:
Webster and Tweet Things (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Coloring: Copic Markers (C1, E35, E37, E43, E47, E49, G99, RV11, RV34, YR23, W1)
Paper: CS-Kraft, Pink Pirouette & Chocolate Chip (SU) and White (GP); DP- "Good Morning Sunshine" (SU)
Accessories/Tools:
Classic Ovals Large Nestabilities (Spellbinders), "Swiss Dots" embossing folder, Cuttlebug, "Stardust" Stickles (Ranger), adhesive silver circles, dimensional

Before you head out, you need to grab the letter:

Now it's time for you to make your last stop on the hop and who better to end it with then our fabulous leader and amazing owner of the Paper Makeup Stamps Company, Katie Cotton!

Thanks for stopping by!


ps. Don't forget about the Release Party tonight! The party starts at 8pm CST over at the Paper Makeup Stamps Forum! Come for a lot of gab and chances for prizes!

17 Words of Love:

Shaela said...

great card Lisa!! this is such a great masculine-type card, I always have trouble with those, so this is some fabulous inspiration :)

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I love that image. TFS.

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Very, very cute owl and card. :)

Carisa said...

how cute is he!!! i hope to be at the release party tonight - might be late b/c it's during dinner time!!! LOL

jan farnworth said...

love how simple and elegant your card is nicely done.

Alex said...

Webster is stinkin CUTE and I hear him saying he wants to live at MY house!!!

Katie Cotton said...

oh he's such a sweet! I just love this and all the brown tones with a touch of sparkle to the ribbon!

jan farnworth said...

I really like the cuttlebug embossing on your card and the clean and simple design with this very cute owl. The rich colors of your card are just perfect.

Alex said...

My favorite is all the texture in this card!

Anita Hovey said...

He is really just toooo cute!

Ginny said...

I love this lil Webster owl. He is super cute, especially in brown. Love ho you made the package sparkle.

Michelle VP said...

That Webster is adorable! Love how you cut him out and popped up his gift. :)

Christi said...

OMG this is so sweet! I have to say that my favorite part (besides that sweet owl) is that color combo! Yum!!

Dawn Mercedes said...

ooh..this totally reminds me of chocolate...
I don't need to eat those Hershey bars in my pantry...they are for smores..in the summer...for the kids...must resist....

Lisa Kind said...

So adorable, Lisa! Love the all the brown (my fav)! Webster is one of my favorites this release!

Michelle said...

such a cute owl and fabulous sentiment! Love this!

FibreJunky said...

Webster is so cute!! I can see using him for a whole range of people, from little kids to grown men.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps