Wednesday, June 02, 2010

HM Challenge: So Long, Farewell...

The House Mouse and Friends Challenge blog has had a huge blog hop over the past week, with a 2 week long challenge. The challenge this week is to make a card with the theme of "Farewell/Goodbye". I must tell you that it has been FOREVER since I've inked up any of my fabulous furry friends, so I decided to play along this...and get myself entered to win some of the FANTABULOUS prizes up for grabs.

I have several stamps that work for the theme so it was just a matter of choosing the one that struck my fancy...and I went with my Happy Hoppers stamps "Balloon Journey".

I just love the way Itty-Bit is being carried away by his balloons! I used the "Cutting outside the Box" technique for my image, as I liked the idea of the balloons carrying him away. It is my first time coloring a furry animal with my Copics...and I was a bit worried I wouldn't pull it off, but I think I did quite well! I'm tickled! LOL! I made a mask of the image and sponged Brocade Blue ink around him for the sky, though as usual, you can't see it very well in the picture. I also gave him the most festive purply balloons going over them with Stickles!

As I was planning out this theme, I realised that I had plenty of usable images, but no sentiment that says anything relating to Goodbye! LOL! Can you believe it? So I kept my front with just the image and then used a very sweet stamp for the inside which captures the idea of moving on to new things.

The sentiment is from the Dream Big set by Paper Makeup Stamps. I spent more time on my inside than usual bringing in the embossed design and lace, but I love the way it looks.

I think this card would be the perfect card to send to someone who is leaving, changing jobs, or stations in life...I think the sentiment is very encouraging too.

Challenges:
* House Mouse & Friends: #70 "Goodbye/Farewell"
* SC283
*Try a New Technique: Cutting "Outside the Box" (TLC247)

Card Details
Stamps:
Balloon Journey (House-Mouse), Dream Big (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink:
Going Gray and Brocade Blue (SU), Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copic Markers (C1, C3, C5, R00, W1, V06, V15, V95, 0)
Paper: CS-B
asic Grey & Orchid Opulence (SU) and White (Georgia Pacific)
Accessories/Tools: Long Classic Rectangles Large Nesties (Spellbinders), White gel pen, "Stardust" Stickles (Ranger), "Divine Swirls" Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Cuttlebug, flat back silver metallic gems, lace

Well, I've been giving you a lot of posts this week! I plan on having another one tomorrow to share before the Paper Makeup Stamps June Sneak Peaks begin on Friday!

10 Words of Love:

America said...

Oh what a sweet HM card. A Fun take on the farewell challenge. Thank you so much for joining us on our First ever House Mouse & Friends Challenge BlogHOP. Good luck to you on the prizes. Come back next week! :)

scrapperjulia said...

Very cute card! Love the purple, sparkly balloons!

Michelle VP said...

How cute! Those sparkly purple balloons are perfect! Love how you decorated the inside of your card too. :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) the image is adorable and the papers and colours you used are perfect ,, fab embossing and the balloons are lovely :-)

thanks for joining the HM&F Monday Challenge and hop, good luck with the prize draws :-)
Luv
Lols x x

Christine said...

Hi love this colour combo cute image gorgeous balloons nice embossing..thanks for sharing & joining our 1st HM&F Monday chall. blog hop

good luck in the draws hope to see you again.

Hugs Christine xx

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow, you really did put a lot of time and creativity into this card...love the out of the box effect and esp the glittered balloons. Great color scheme as well. Thanks for joining us for our first blog hop at HM&F's Monday Challenge and best of luck!

Natascha (nata1984) Germany said...

Lovely! Such a great design and all the colors. Love it! Thanks for playing with HM&F MC and good luck for the big blog hop!

Hugs, Natascha

Rica said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, purple'smy favourite colour and that is one of my favourite image - the first one I ever bought I think. Great colouring with your Copics and love the sparkly balloons.
Thanks for hopping along with us.
hugs Heather xx

Sue said...

Aw, what a cute image and love the sparkly balloons! Pretty soft orchid papers and the lace is beautiful. Thanks for joining the fun with this challenge and our First Ever Blog Hop. Good Luck with the prize drawings too.

Sue said...

Congrats on winning Lisa's blog candy during our recent Blog Hop at House Mouse and Friends...YAHOO!!


[[[Big Hug]]]
Sue Drees
House Mouse Design Team

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps