Saturday, June 26, 2010

Have a fairy nice birthday, Katie!

Hello my beautiful bloggers! Did you know that today is Katie Cotton's birthday? Who is this lady you ask? Why she is the FANTABULOUS owner and creator of the company Paper Makeup Stamps , our PMS Design Team Leader and my dear friend! Today my fellow Paper Makeup Stamps Makeup Artists and I are taking the time to honor Katie and help her celebrate this fabulous day!

If you just arrived at my blog, then I wholeheartedly welcome you...and encourage you to go back to the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog and start our delightful little Birthday Blog Hop! If you have been hopping already, then you should have arrived here from the Delightful Dawn B's blog where I'm sure she showed you something BEE-autiful as usual.

I wanted to do something special and new for Katie's birthday card, so I decided to do an easel card!


I used the gorgeous PMS Beautiful Day Fairy Kirsten to be the main focus of my card. I paper pieced her clothes to match the colors of the card and then just added her to some layers. And added bling to her wings and dandelion of course! The base of the card has the adoreable sentiment "Have a Fairy Happy Birthday" which is part of the Birthday Cheer set by PMS. I used a beautiful filigree brad to hold my picture in place.



Card Details
4 1/4" Easel Card
Stamps: Kirsten and Birthday Cheer (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Baby Blue (Stampabilities) and Rose Red (Stampin' Up)
Coloring: Copics (C1, W00, W1, B000, E00, E21, E43, E47, E49, R20, G24, G94)

Paper: CS-Rose Red, Certainly Celery (SU) and White (GP); DP-"Cutie Pie" (SU)
Accessories/Tools: Classic Squares Small and Standard Rectangles Small Nestabilities (Spellbinders), "Icicle" and "Stardust" Stickles (Ranger), green grosgrain ribbon, filigree brad (SU), white gel pen (Uniball)


Katie, we love you and thank you for being the best Design Team Leader EVER. May you have a wonderful day and enjoy the rest of this hop we put together for you!!

Now head on over to the Marvelous Maria's Blog to see what she put together for you!

17 Words of Love:

Dawn Mercedes said...

So, I keep saying that I need to make an easle card...and I definitely have those brads and they are laying unused. What a great "stopper" for the card!

Lisa Kind said...

Lovely card, Lisa! The colors are so earthy...perfect for this fairy! Love the paper piecing and the easel card is so fun! Great filigree brad to hold it open!

Randee E said...

This is just gorgeous Lisa! I think Kirsten is my favorite fairy :0) Love your new blog layout too!

Sanwanya said...

Very pretty Lisa!
Happy Birthday to Katie!

Christi said...

This is beautiful!!! Fantastic paper piecing!! I know Katie will love this!!

Tracey said...

What a gorgeous easel card! I just love this fairy!

Shaela said...

this is so sweet! love all the glitter, it's such a great touch :)

Tina said...

Oh Lisa, this is just beautiful!

Stephanie Zito said...

Fabulous easel card Lisa! I love your color combo and the sparkle from the Stickles! Beautiful card!

Anita Hovey said...

Great card Lisa. I wondered how you got the clothes so perfect LOL then I saw you pieced them :) you have more patience than me!

Tangii said...

Great job Lisa! Fun layout and great colors!!!

Jessabells said...

Cute card Lisa! I love coming to your blog for the music! lol.

Danni said...

How fun to do an easel card! Wonderful job!

SemSee said...

What an adorable card, Lisa! So pretty! TFS! Hugs, Sem x

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

this is fabulous, I luv your coloring!

Happy Blogversary tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my tag, you asked about the size....I use the mega curved nesties, Quikcuts labels, and the one on my blog today is using my new PTI ledger die, the size is 3 1/2 x 5 1/2, it is the largest of the three sizes I make. HTH, please let me know if you have any other questions....have a fabulous evening!

enjoy *~*

Michelle VP said...

Beautiful! I have to try making one of these soon. Love your coloring and choice of brad. :)

loyaz1 said...

I love how you put this together and the colors that you chose. Great job!
Oh - and - Happy Birthday Katie
DianeL
loyaz1@wbhsi.net

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps