Monday, June 14, 2010

For the Boys

Let's hear it for the boys and men in our lives! It's almost Father's Day and I know that many of you (myself included) are busy cranking out cards for all those wonderful men in our lives. Cupcake Craft Challenge Blog makes it easy to participate in their challenge theme this week of "One for the Boys".



My card features one of the new Monsters from Paper Makeup Stamps called Me and Pops. I went with a very different color theme based on that paper which is from the Stampin' Up Designer Series "Autumn Blossoms". It is unusual, yet it it is very *monster-y*. Is that a word? LOL! I paper pieced Daddy monster's shirt and tie and then colored him and his little fella to coordinate using my Copics and my BIC markers. I opted to distress the edges of all my paper because it looked better than crisp edges. I didn't have a good Father's Day stamp for this, so I typed it out myself using the Kristen ITC font on Microsoft Word.

Card Details
Stamps
: Me and Pops (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: BICS (Tranquil Teal) and Copic (G94, G99, C1, W1, W5, W7, E43) Markers
Paper: CS-Old Olive and Really Rust (SU), White (Georgia Pacific); DP-"Autumn Blossoms" (SU)
Accessories/Tools: Standard Circles Small Nestabilities (Spellbinders), "Swiss Dots" embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Cuttlebug, distressing tool, silver brads (Paper Studio), dimensionals


Thought for the Day:

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."
~Harmon Killebrew

3 Words of Love:

Michelle VP said...

Love the paper-pieced tie & shirt and all the dots and circles. :)

Sprytebyrd said...

Super cute! Love the colors you used!
How ya doing, Lisa? I miss our Yahoo chats.. although, it would help if I logged onto yahoo once in a while, wouldn't it??
Take care of you :o)
Hugs,
Dee

Liza said...

Great work, thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps