Thursday, June 17, 2010

Father's Day for a few challenges

I think I'm almost done with my Father's Day cards! Woot! It's amazing how many you end up making for your own use as well as the ones you get orders for! Thankfully I have an AWESOME digi quote to use for them this year. I used it for the card I made for my dad which I'm sharing today.

This card was one of the easiest cards I've ever made because as soon as I saw this week's sketch for the Cute Card Thursday Challenge #117, I was inspired! I turned the sketch on it's side and the only shape I tweaked was changing the main rectangle to my Labels 8 shape. I adore the mixture of Summer Sun with Chocolate Chip and since that is one of the color combinations in the Good Morning, Sunshine designer paper by Stampin' Up, getting everything together was easy as pie!

Want this Word Art? It's a FREEBIE being offered over on the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog, so go snag it for yourself!

For Challenges:
* Cute Card Thursday #117
* Cards for Men: Father's Day
*Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #87: Use a Quote

Card Details
Stamps: Father's Day Digi (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Paper: CS-Summer Sun and Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up), White (Georgia Pacific); DP-"Good morning, Sunshine" (SU)
Accessories/Tools: Labels 8 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), mini silver brads, "Swiss Dots" embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Cuttlebug Machine, dimensionals

Don't forget to come back tomorrow and see what the Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge is! This week it was my turn to choose, so you don't want to miss it!

4 Words of Love:

{Jane} said...

Fabulous

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Donnas Den said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna x

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous Lisa, and agree about the colours! Jo x

Megan said...

Hi Lisa!

I can't remember how I found your blog but I'm so glad that I did. Your Father's Day card was the perfect inspiration I needed. I linked your blog on mine with a pic of the card. please visit!

http://macpuggy.blogspot.com/2010/06/fathers-day.html

-Megan

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps