Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Father's Day Card Quickies

I finished my last order for Father's Day cards today! Woot! I really tried to do just some CAS ones that I could get done fairly quickly because they all needed to go into the mail TODAY or TOMORROW in order for the people to have them for Sunday. I worked out a couple simple styles that I really liked, so I made note of them and I'm sharing them with you today in case you are stuck and need a couple more quick ones.

The first two cards were made using the Father's Day Freebie Word Art that is available on the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog. If you haven't grabbed it yet, you really need to because it is just amazing!

This was a super simple card to make, yet there is just something so elegant looking about Night of Navy with White...crisp and clean.

This card was made based on a card in the May 2009 CardMaker Magazine. It was also very easy and I enjoyed pairing up a nice light green with Brocade Blue. I'm VERY VERY sad that I didn't snag any more of Brocade Blue since it's being retired...It is just such a pleasant shade. I'm hoarding my scrap pieces! LOL!

Both of the cards above have Happy Father's Day on the inside and I chose to use my computer (with font BlackJack) rather than a stamp.

The next card was made with just a combo of Garden Green and White. I haven't ever used this green before and I liked it so much I had to check to make sure it wasn't being retired too! What a delightful green!

I just embossed the white layer with the Leafy Branch embossing folder and then did the corners with my scallop punch (just one little bite) and added the silver gems. The sentiment on the front is another one that I did using the same Black Jack font on my computer. On the inside I used THIS QUOTE by Paper Makeup Stamps.

Card #1
Stamps: Free Father's Day Digi (PMS)
Paper: CS-Night of Navy (SU) and White (Georgia Pacific); DP-Night of Navy
Accessories/Tools: Classic Oval Large Nestabilities (Spellbinders), 3/8" white grosgrain ribbon, silver mini brads, dimensionals

Card #2
Stamps: Free Father's Day Digi (PMS)
Paper: CS-Brocade Blue (SU), White (GP), Textured Lt. Green (DCWV); DP-Blue/Green Stripes (DCWV)
Accessories/Tools: Classic Square Large Nestabilities (Spellbinders), 3/8" white grosgrain ribbon, white mini brads, dimensionals

Card #3
Stamps: "I Love You" (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Paper: CS-Garden Green (SU) and White (GP)
Accessories/Tools: "Leafy Branch" embossing folder (Cuttlebug), flat back metallic gems, scallop punch


So I hope that might have given you some ideas for any last minute Father's Day cards you need to whip out!

Time to move on to my next theme...BABY!

Thought for the Day:

If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance.
~Bern Williams

Tootles!

0 Words of Love:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps