Sunday, June 27, 2010

Celebrate!

Well. I had GREAT start to my weekend on Friday. Remember how I told you in my Friday post that I had entered EVERY POSSIBLE WAY to win something from Verve Stamps for their release on Friday? Well, let me tell you. It paid off!

I won the the BIG ENCHILADA! I won the ENTIRE JUNE RELEASE! How awesome is that? Pretty awesome...just look at the stamps I won {HERE}. Aren't those fantastic?? I let out a big whoop when I learned my happy news!

And today is my 2nd Blogoversary! Happy Blogoversary to me! I am trying to put together a little something to celebrate that AND the fact that I am over 25,000 hits. So stay tuned for more info on that...

But let's get down to today's card. I really do love the 4th of July. It is so much fun and it's in the summer and I adore the colors and the fireworks! I decided to make my first Red, White and Blue card and I'm actually using it as a Birthday Card for my cousin...who's birthday is actually ON the 4th of July! Convenient, huh?


I inked up my new The Greeting Farm stamp Wild Sprout-Megan. She just reminds me sooo much of me!! And so much fun to color! I also did a bit of playing paper dolls when I was paper piecing her outfit and bow. I just love paper piecing. These delicious papers are from a DCWV paper pad I've had for OVER A YEAR and not touched! Shocking, huh? But I just LOVED the paper and decided it was time to pull it out. I used this week's Club Anya Saturday Sketch for my layout. It just worked perfect with what I wanted to do. Did you notice her silver sparkly shoes? She has matching sparkly eyeshadow.

I TOLD you this was a mini me! I adore sparkly things...it's my guilty pleasure!

I even had fun decorating the inside of my card.

How can you go wrong with this fun paper? And those little pewtar stars? Another thing that I've had stashed away FOREVER that FINALLY got used! LOL! The Happy Birthday on the inside of the card is from the Birthday Cheer set by Paper Makeup Stamps.

Challenges:
* Club Anya Saturday Sketch for 6/26
* ABC Design Challenge Blog: Red, White and Blue
* Paper Sundaes #24: Birthday Card
(I hope that the sentiment is in the INSIDE still makes it work)
* One Stitch at a Time Challenge #19: Stars and Stripes

Card Details

Stamps: WS-Megan (TGF), Birthday Cheer (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (E00, E21, R20, Y21, YR23, C01)
Paper: CS and DP from the DCWV Mat Stack "Classic Prints & Cardstock"
Accessories/Tools: Labels 8 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), "Silver" Stickles (Ranger), pewter star brads, "Swiss Dots" embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Cuttlebug machine, white gel pen


I have another birthday card to work on which I'll share later--maybe tomorrow.
Have a delightful day! Stay cool!

21 Words of Love:

Crystal said...

Great card, I love the star brads & your paper piecing! Thanks for playing along in Paper Sundaes Birthday Challenge :)

Tenia Nelson said...

How cute is this card!!!!!

Christi said...

What a wonderful card!! And congrats on the Verve release!! That is awesome!!

Gemma said...

thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week! Gemma :)

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww your card turned out DARLING!!! Thank you for Joining us for ABC Toys and Crafts Red white, and blue challenge this week!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl Walker

alicaz said...

wonderful! love the paper piecing and the inside is great too!
Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Justine said...

What a fun design. I really love how well the gingham goes with the stars. Who would have known? So glad you joined us over at ABC Toys &* Crafts

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Lisa
Congrats on yout blogaversary and your Verve Stamps win.
I love this cute little card with all those stars on it. Thanks for joining in with the OSAAT challenge this week.
Luv Brenda xxx

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

How stinkin' cute is this? Love the stars and gingham together! Thanks so much for playing with us over at ABC Toys & Crafts!!

Sandy Hulsart said...

What a sweet card, that image is just precious. Love the DP you chose and the paper piecing on her top. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at ABC Toys and Crafts.

Chocolate Orange said...

Such a cute card !
Thankyou for joining us at OSAAT this week, Good Luck !

Choccy x

HappyCrafter said...

Fabulous card! Very sassy, and the paper peicing looks really good. So glad you played along with us this week at Paper Sundaes :-)

Rebekah said...

Great paper pieceing on that wild sprout, don't you just love em?! thanks for joining us at OSAAT this wk hugs Rebekah xx

Liz said...

Wow thats really inspirational love this project great colours and layout Thanks for joining OSAAT challenges Hope you come back soon Please check us this Sunday for winners and new challenge

Liz xx

stitchy said...

Hey Lisa, congrats on your Big Win woo hoo...and I see your baby is due on my brother's birthday Aug 3rd, congrats again ;) - I gotta tell ya, I love this card, it is so "country" looking, but then being from Kentucky, how could it not be huh lol..thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at OSAAT - hope to see you again - good luck

stitchy xoxox

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining in our Stars and Stripes challenge at OSAAT. Don't forget to check back tomorrow to see the new challenge and find out who won this one :D

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining in our Stars and Stripes challenge at OSAAT. Don't forget to check back tomorrow to see the new challenge and find out who won this one :D

Padster said...

Congratulations on your win and what a fab card to celebrate with - thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week
Hugs,
Deb x

Jo Davies said...

Beautiful card & lovely layout, fab colours!! Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week for our Stars & Stripes Challenge. Hugs JO xxxxx

Jo Davies said...

Beautiful card & lovely layout!! Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week for our Stars & Stripes Challenge. Hugs JO xxxxx

jude said...

Goergeous card love the layout chosen.Thanks for joining in with us at OSAAT this week
hugs judex

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps