Thursday, May 27, 2010

Someone So Special

I have been working on quite a few Sympathy/Encouragement cards lately and needed to come up with a fairly quick design for turning out multiple cards. When I saw the card set on page 30-31 of my new Card Maker Magazine (July 2010), I knew I had something to work with! I eliminated a few of the layers in order for my image to work, but kept the basic shape. I now have a very simple card design that can be used for cards of any occasion.

My cards feature an image and sentiment from the Forever in Our Hearts set by Verve. This set is my absolute #1 go-to collection for any encouragement or sympathy cards because it includes several sentiments in beautiful fonts. I diecut the image with my Labels 8 Nesties and then another white piece for the inside of the card. The bird on the front of each card has been lightly dabbled with Stickles for just a touch of shine.

The inside of each card has another diecut lable stamped with the sentiment.
Card Details
Stamps: "Forever in Our Hearts" (Verve)
Ink: Old Olive and Rose Red (SU)
Paper: CS-Old Olive and Rose Red (SU) and White (Georgia Pacific)
Accessories/Tools: Labels 8 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), dimensional, white gel pen, old gingham ribbon, white grosgrain ribbon, "Stardust" Stickles (Ranger)

2 Words of Love:

Michelle VP said...

Lovely set. I like how you used the same nestie on the inside and put the sentiment in the corner. So great to have a go-to layout and set. :)

Jessabells said...

Lisa, very pretty. Wow, you have come a long way girlie! I'm still a amateur.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps