Monday, May 31, 2010

Shabby Chic for TGF

I decided to try out my new The Greeting Farm stamp for the TGF June Release Challenge. Our challenge was to choose either the theme of Retro Chic or Shabby Chic and make a card featuring that style. Well, I've never done either, but figured I might have the best chance at pulling off Shabby Chic...

So here is my take on {Shabby Chic} using Fleur Anya.

I colored her with some of new Copic markers and then used a color theme of Tempting Turquoise, Pink Pirouette and White. I distressed almost all my edges and sponged TT on the white bottom layer. I dug around and found some OLLLLLLLDDDDDDD (as in smells faintly like moth balls) satin binding tape that happened to match the pink and did the ruffle at the bottom. Does it look weird? I think it matches the shabby chic idea. I through a few pearls on the ruffle and then added some more to the center of the flowers on her hair. The last touch was to add just a touch of sparkle to the skirt of her dress. You can see it better in this picture:

So there you have it. My very first ever Shabby Chic card. Did it work? Was it shabby enough?

Card Details
Stamps: Fleur Anya (The Greeting Farm)
Ink:
Tuxedo Black (Memento), Tempting Turquoise (SU)
Coloring: Copic Markers (E00, E21, B000, B00, B01, B02, R20, Y21, E43, E53, 0)
Paper: CS-Tempting Turquoise and Pink Pirouette (SU), White (Georgia Pacific)
Accessories/Tools:
"Swiss Dots" embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Cuttlebug, "Snow" pearls (Kaiserkraft), pink satin binding tape (Wright's), machine stitching, "Stardust" Stickles (Ranger), white gel pen

0 Words of Love:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps