Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Scenic One Layer

I am the first to admit that I am a layer nut. I always have layers on my cards and feel like they are "bare" without them. I think one time I managed an 8 layer card. It took a LOT of postage to send that puppy through! LOL! Today I broke with my tradition and have a scenic one layer, or rather a NO-layer card to share.

The card features two stamps from the Faith-Hope-Love set by Paper Makeup Stamps as well as a sentiment from the Forever in Our Hearts set by Verve. I enjoyed pairing these sets together and really like what I came up with. The flowers and the grass were a blast to stamp and the grass turned out better than I imagined! For the multi-tone look, I used my Always Artichoke and Old Olive SU markers and swiped them across the stamp—first with the AA, then with the OO. I did it quick so that I could miss some grass with one color and then catch it with the next. The flowers were done using the Rose Red and Regal Rose on the blossoms and Always Artichoke for the stem. I dabbled them with a smidge of Stardust Stickles for a bit of bling. The only thing I have issues with is that this picture does NOT do justice to my chalking. I added some pale blue chalk for the sky and some yellow and yellow-orange for the sun. I like to chalk because it gives a very light color to the scene.

I don't have a shot of the inside, but I did some very short grass across the bottom just like I did on the front, with a faded flower image in the corner. Yep, me and that grass stamp are going to have a lot of good times together I think! LOL!


Card Details
Stamps:
Faith-hope-Love (PMS); Forever in Our Hearts (Verve)
Ink: Rose Red, Regal Rose Old Olive and Always Artichoke (SU)
Paper: CS-White (Georgia Pacific)
Accessories/Tools: Stardust Stickles (Ranger), Chalk (Peebles)


I hope that you will play around and try to do some scenic NO-layer cards too. They can be just as beautiful as a ton of layers…and a heck of a lot cheaper to mail! LOL!

1 Words of Love:

Michelle VP said...

What a beautiful card! This stamp set is becoming my favorite PMS set. :) Thanks for describing the chalking - I can just picture how perfect it is. I wish cameras picked up those details better.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps