Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Release in Review: Day 4~ Faith Hope and Love Revisited

Today is Day 4 of our review of the fabulous stamps which were released by Paper Makeup Stamps on the 7th. Since they have been released, we have been showing you each stamp or set again with new ways to use these delightful goodies! Today we are reviewing my most favorite stamps from the release the Faith, Hope & Love set.

I used one of the flower images with the "Small things" sentiment from the set to make this set of six notecards.


Aren't those just gorgeous? When I was trying out this set, I first tried single color stamping and while it looked nice, it didn't really appeal to me. So I played around and finally decided to stamp the stem in Old Olive and then using Stampin' Up markers, color in the flower. Wow! I was in love! So I did a series of different flowers then cut them out with my sm. rectangle Nestabilities and mounted them on their coordinating cardstock...that was a great way to use up some scraps! Then once I got them mounted, I put them on some white notecards (slightly smaller than 4.25" x 5.5"), added the three gems and then dabbled just a smidge of Stickles (using Stardust) onto the flowers. I stamped the inside with the sentiment in Old Olive. To make some coordinating envelopes, I stamped the flower in Old Olive, then stamped it on paper before stamping my enevelope to give me the faded look. I love this little set I made, and it showed me how much I adore the SU color Brilliant Blue! I'm going to cry when it retires, but plan on buying a pack of cardstock and some ink before it does! It's just the most perfect blue!

I have great plans for this set of stamps and can't wait to play with some of the other ones!

Project Details
Stamps:
Faith, Hope & Love (PMS)
Ink: Old Olive (SU)
Coloring:
SU Markers (Elegant Eggplant, Rose Red, Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, & So Saffron)
Paper: CS-Elegant Eggplant, Rose Red, Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, & So Saffron (SU) and White (Georgia Pacific)

Accessories/Tools: white notecards w/envelopes, small adhesive gems, "Stardust" Stickles, Sm. Rectangle Nestabilities

Need to see more of this set? Check out the Paper Makeup Stamps blog for a list of some of the other Makeup Artists reviewing this set today! Want to get this set for your very own? Then head on over to the Paper Makeup Stamps website and buy it mounted or in bare rubber for your own collection!

3 Words of Love:

Danni said...

These turned out awesome! Love them!

Secret said...

Oh LIsa...this is absolutely inspiring!

Dawn Mercedes said...

PS. I'm secret!! I forgot to chance my log in!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps