Friday, May 21, 2010

Makeup for the Weekend: Altered Notebooks!

It's another Friday which means it's time for another Makeup for the Weekend Challenge over on the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog! This week's challenge comes from Makeup Artist Dawn Barrett and is super easy! Just do up an ALTERED NOTEBOOK! I always forget how easy this really is and had fun putting mine together.

This is a small 5 1/2" x 4 1/8" notebook. This is my favorite size to alter because it's almost the same measurements as a standard card so I can put one together without too much trouble. I've been in an Old Olive and Chocolate Chip mood, so it was easy to choose my colors. I decided to throw in my new love Summer Sun into the mix. I am sooo bummed this color is being retired! I already bought myself an ink pad and pack of paper to make sure I still have it once it's officially retired! (Boohoo!!)

I pulled out one of my rarely inked up, though very fantastic, Paper Makeup Stamp sets, Nature's Song for this notebook. The bird and the sentiment just seemed to match the feel of the notebook. I used my Lg. Oval Nestabilities for the sentiment. I added all my ribbon (a GREAT way to use it up!) and did my doodledots around the edge. The last thing I did was add a bit of bling by adding Stickles (Diamond and Stardust) to the flowers on the designer paper. It added just the touch I was looking for!

The layout for the notebook is this week's Sketch Challenge (SC281) on Splitcoast Stampers which was a perfect choice for my project!

Project Details
Stamps
: Nature's Song (PMS)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Paper: CS-Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive (SU) and White (GP); DP-"Good Morning, Sunshine" (SU)
Accessories/Tools: wire notebook, 1/8" hole punch, "Stardust" and "Diamond" Stickles, Lg. Oval Nestabilities, adhesive gem, miscellaneous ribbon



I hope that you will play along in this easy challenge! Remember that you can use ANY STAMPS! Once you have your project uploaded, make sure you go to Mr. Linky on the Challenge Post to add your link to your creation! And if you are loading to SCS or PCP, make sure you use the keyword M4TW28!

8 Words of Love:

jennruggeri75 said...

This is amazing, Lisa!! I just love it!!!!

Carisa said...

this is stunning!!

Tina said...

I absolutely love this! Fabulous colors and the design is top notch.

Katie Cotton said...

this is so fun and funky! love the color combo!

Christi said...

Gorgeous girl!! Love all that ribbon!!!!

Danni said...

Lovin' the ribbon! Such a fun creation!

Dawn Mercedes said...

this is darling...great paper for that birdie!

Christi Snow said...

This is beautiful! Love all the ribbons! smiles...

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps