Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Just because of Tiddly Inks

Whew! I don't know what kind of weather you all are having, but here in Northern Kentucky, summer is trying to come early! It's 90+ degrees outside and the humidity is up as well. This 7 month pregnant lady is VERY thankful for a cool house even without the AC running! But I do believe we are going to have to put up our pool a bit sooner than we did last year! If it was up at this moment, I would soooo be floating around in it. But you know, I really don't mind this weather because it means that all the butterflies are out and everything is green—because it ISN'T summer yet and the rain still comes regularly to freshen everything up.

My card for your today was inspired by all the blooming flowers and the laziness that days like this bring with it.

This card features my BRAND NEW digi I purchased from Tiddly Inks yesterday. I had forgotten how much fun digis are to color and the Tiddly Inks images just rock! This little critter is Sunny HuggaBugg and she's just chill-axin in her hammock reading her favorite book. The book portion is actually undecorated, but I thought that The Secret Garden was the perfect book for her to be reading under the daisies. I colored everything with Copics and then added the grass to fill in some space. I forgot to add a shadow for the hammock though. Grr...I forget those last minute things sometimes! LOL!
I popped up the two tall daisies and her book for a bit more dimension. I searched my stash of sentiments and the only one which really satisfied me was the "Just Because" from the Fluttering By set by Verve. The only thing I'm not happy with is my pic of the card. The sun was straight over my head so I couldn't get it without a shadow...so the white looks kind of gray and you can't really see the sparkle on the Huggabugg shoes and flower centers.

The layout uses this week's sketch challenge #65 over on the Card Patterns blog.

Card Details
Stamps: Sunny HuggaBugg Digi (Tiddly Inks), Fluttering By (Verve)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (B000, B00, B01, B02, YG03, YG11, R20, R22, E00, E21, E35, E37, Y00, Y11, Y13, Y21, YR23, C1, W1)
Paper: Cameo Coral, So Saffron (SU) and White (GP)
Accessories/Tools: "Denim" Pearls (Kaiserkraft), "Stardust" Stickles, dimensional, "Swiss Dots" embossing folder, Cuttlebug


I hope that you will check out the Tiddly Inks site because she has fabulous digis, including one that is free to try…you can find that one at the FAQ section of her site. The only warning I give, is that her site is so fabulous you will NOT be able to resist buying one…or two…or three…or…well…you will see what I mean! LOL!

Oh and in case you wondered, I just used my HP All-in-One Printer with HP ink and Georgia Pacific cardstock for printing the digis. I just let it dry really well before coloring and as you can see, I didn't have any problems! I even did some heavy shading on a few things!

Have a delightful day! I'm ready for some ice cold lemonade!

3 Words of Love:

dstandard said...

How precious and the embossing strip is perfect! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

dstandard said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Michelle Gotoh Bertuzzi said...

What a sweet card! Love the white space and the dimension of the flowers.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps