Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ehhhhh....

I know that is a weird title for a post, but that describes my affection for the card I'm sharing. It is totally out of my box color wise and was a serious challenge for me.

The vines and the sentiment are both from the Paper Makeup Stamps line. This weird color combo is for this week's Color Throwdown #92 (CTD92). We needed to use the colors Baja Breeze, Old Olive, So Saffron and Kraft. Very hard to put together in my opinion which is why I had issues with this card. The layout uses the sketch for this weeks challenge (TPE67) over on The Pink Elephant Challenge Blog. The sketch itself wasn't the hard part. It was the colors...but I guess I made it work. Sort of. Definitely NOT one of my favorite cards.

I don't know if you can see it, but the design on the lower half of the card is actually some random rub-ons I found in my stash. They were the right color of blue, but don't show up very well on the Kraft cardstock.

Card Details
Stamps:
"Plant your own Garden" & PMS Swirl (PMS)
Ink: So Saffron and Old Olive (SU)
Paper: CS-Old Olive, Baja Breeze, So Saffron, & Kraft (SU); DP-"Good Morning Sunshine" (SU)

Accessories/Tools: "Diamond" Stickles, Dotted Wave Edger (EK Success), adhesive gems

What is a weird color combination that you have put together that REALLY gave you issues?

5 Words of Love:

Sprytebyrd said...

I think it's beautiful, Lisa!! The colors look great together and you really pulled it off!
I struggled with a challenge a while ago to use Chocolate, Guava and Kraft...
Dee

MommaJess said...

well you may not like it but I LOVE it. I think its great and you shouldnt be so rough on yourself.

Toothy said...

I love those colors together, your card is awesome!

SmilynStef said...

Love how you used the wavy border on your labels ... great sketch design.

LORi said...

Lisa! this is one super fab card!! Love the sentiment and your color combo!!

So happy you shared with TPE this week!!

HUGS - LORi

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps