Friday, April 16, 2010

Good morning, Sunshine!

Happy Friday! Is your sun shining? It sure is here! What a gorgeous day I'm blessed to be having! I enjoyed making a cheerful card for this week's challenge over on the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog. The Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge (M4TW24) was brought to us by Senior PMS Makeup Artist Tina Hale this week and it really is pretty simple. Just use 5 embellishments! It can be 5 different embellishments...5 of the same embellishment, but there can only be 5 total on your card. Simple enough, huh?

My card features two fairy new stamps for the Paper Makeup Stamps family.

The cat's name is Sourpuss and he's one of my faves because of his expression! LOL! The sentiment is also available at PMS and works perfectly with this poor kitty. Keeping the idea of sunshine going, I've incorporated one of the soon to be retired SU colors Summer Sun mixed with Chocolate Chip which coordinates perfectly with the new paper I snagged by SU called "Good morning, Sunshine"! See what I mean? It's a sunny card! Hmmm...maybe I should have used this for the M4TW challenge that was "inspired by the sun"? LOL! Oh well! My fave embellishments: 1 piece of ribbon and 4 metallic gems.

The layout is for this week's Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #69 (MTSC69).

Card Details:
Stamps:
Sourpuss and "Sunshine is overrated" (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) and Chocolate Chip (SU)
Coloring: Copic Markers
Paper: CS-Summer Sun & Chocolate Chip (SU), White (Georgia Pacific); DP: "Good Morning, Sunshine" (SU)
Accessories/Tools: Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon (SU), adhesive metallic gems, Labels 8 Nesties, sponge


I hope that you will play along with the Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge! Remember that you don't have to have PMS stamps to play, so there really should be nothing stopping you from joining in! If you decide to participate, upload your creation to Mr. Linky on the blog post and make sure that if you upload to SCS or PCP you use the keyword M4TW24 so we can find it!

Have a delightful weekend!

3 Words of Love:

Tina said...

This is just magnificent! I love the colors here and Sourpuss just cracks me up!

Dawn Mercedes said...

great job!! Love the colors and the layout.

Katie Cotton said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Everytime i se a card with this guy i crack up. You did a great job!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps