Saturday, April 24, 2010

Because of You

Since Mother's Day is just around the corner...yeah, really it is...just 2 weeks away...I decided to do a Mother's Day card for the 5th Sketch Challenge over on the April Release Beach Party.

This card is sooooo not my typical style as it's a floral...but since mom's like that kind of stuff, I decided to break out of the box! LOL!

The card features one of the sentiments from the Because of You set by Verve. I just bought this set because I discovered I didn't have any Mother's Day stamps! That was a shocking discovery and one I was quick to rectify! LOL!

I distressed and sponged the edges of the designer paper and the Very Vanilla layer. I used Soft Suede for all the inking and FINALLY used some of my hydrangeas that I've had in my stash for ever so long.

Card Details
Stamps:
Because of You (VERVE)
Ink:
Soft Suede(SU)
Paper: CS-Mellow Moss and Very Vanilla (SU); DP- "Mirabelle Floral" (The Paper Studio)
Accessories/Tools:
Labels 8 Nestabilities, sponge, distresser, brass brads, hydrangeas and wine sheer ribbon (CTMH)

I'm actually going to fiddle with this card, because it's not quite the way I want it yet...I'll come back and switch the photos once I get it how I like it.

1 Words of Love:

Kim said...

Lisa, this is absolutely gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps