Sunday, April 04, 2010

April Sneaks for Paper Makeup Stamps: Day 1

Hello! I hope everyone is having a beautiful Sunday with their family today! It's gorgeous here and once I get all my indoor stuff completed, I'm headed outside!

Today is the first day of the April Sneaks for Paper Makeup Stamps! It's spring and we have some very pretty stamps being released this month! Today we are sharing some fairies and word art!

If you go to the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog, you will be able to meet:

Greg: A little boy just swinging into spring
Danni: A playful little girl who just loves her butterfly friends
and Betty: This gal just loves to cook!

You will also get a glimpse of two new pieces of word art and a special accessories stamp which will go perfectly with the new fairy Danni, or is beautiful by itself! This accessory stamp is called Flutterbies and includes two very cute butterflies!

Today I'm sharing a couple cards made using the new Flutterbies stamp!

The first card features just one of the two butterflies in the new set. I've paired it with a sentiment stamp from another PMS stamp set called "Buggy Sayings" (currently on SALE!).

This is a very simple card, but I'm trying to work on simplicity these days as I can EASILY start going overboard with layers and I'd really like to be able to just mail a card without paying extra postage! LOL!

My second card features both of the stamps in the Flutterbies accessory stamp set.
I used up some more scrap paper for the butterflies. Oh, and the belly of the butterfly isn't filled in when you stamp, but I wanted it filled in for my own purposes, so I used a Black Bic Marker. The word is "What Lies Behind Us" which is also available at PMS. I used my Peony Nestabilities and then stamped the flourish vines in embossing ink and went over them with pink chalk. Then stamped the sentiment and added the bow. Not a complicated card, but I think it is very feminine and pretty.

Make sure you check out my fellow PMS Makeup Artist Christi Snow's card!
She also used the Flutterbies stamps!

Card #1 Details
Stamps: Flutterbies (released 4/7/2010) and
Buggy Sayings (PMS); flourish ($1 stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) and Graphite Black (Brilliance)
Paper: CS-Kraft (SU) and PP from scraps
Accessories: Paper piercer, adhesive gems


Card #2 Details
Stamps: Flutterbies (released 4/7/2010) and "What Lies Behind Us" (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) and Clear Embossing Ink (Stampabilities)
Paper: CS-Kraft (SU) and White; PP from stash
Accessories/Tools: Peony Nesties, lace, adhesive gems, chalk

Want to win the entire April PMS Release????? Sure you do! It's easy! Just go to the main blog and post a comment each day of the sneaks and let us know which sneak for that day is your favorite! One lucky winner will be chosen to receive the WHOLE RELEASE VALUED AT $75 and it could be you!

6 Words of Love:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps