Friday, March 12, 2010

What Lies Behind Us...M4TW19

Happy Friday! Have you had a good week? We sure have! My family flew in from Washington State to be with us over my school Spring Break! It’s been so much fun having them here and extra fun to have my mom with me when we found out that we are having ANOTHER LITTLE BOY!!!! Yay!! I know I will be sad to see them fly home on Monday, but at least I know it's only a few short weeks until Seth and I fly out to see them in WA.

I managed to squeak in a project to share with you today, while they were out walking yesterday. This is for this week’s Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge #19 (M4TW19) on the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog. This week’s challenge comes to you from one of our newer Makeup Artist’s Maria G.! She chose a color challenge of Red, Blue and Kraft! Now that is a great color combo to work with and through trial and error, I created a card that I just love!

This card features one of our PMS monsters Jerry matched with the What Lies Behind Us sentiment.



Isn’t that paper perfect for this challenge? I found it at Hobby Lobby yesterday. I was looking at it and thought “those kind of look like balloons…” and *poof* the card came alive! I paper pieced little Jerry to match the Kraft paper and I then outlined him with my W1 Copic before cutting him out and popping him up.

Card Details
Stamps:
Jerry and “What Lies Behind Us” (PMS)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU), Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (W1, R29)
Paper: CS-Kraft (SU); DP: “Kismet Dots” (Glitz Design)
Accessories/Tools: Sm. Circle Nesties, machine stitching, sponge, dimensionals, white gel pen, adhesive blue gems, blue grosgrain ribbon, tan grosgrain ribbon and red satin ribbon


I hope you will go check out the challenge post on the PMS blog for links to more of the PMS Makeup Artist samples (nearly everyone participated this week!) and to link up your OWN entry for this challenge! Make sure to add M4TW19 to your keywords if uploading your creation on Splitcoaststampers or Paper Craft Planet! We want to see what you come up with! Remember, that you don't have to use PMS stamps to play!

Have a fabulous weekend!

7 Words of Love:

Dawn Mercedes said...

aaaawwww...so sweet!

Tina said...

A-dorable! Love this.

Randee E said...

So sweet, and the sentiment is perfect for Jerry. Congrats on your exciting news! From a prejudice mom of 3 boys - BOYS ARE THE BEST :0)No drama, they wear what you put them in, and Mom will always be the Queen :0) I hopped over to your baby blog - too sweet! I can tell how excited you are for this little one and how much love this baby is going to experience. Best wishes, your almost 1/2 way there!!

Michele Gross said...

Sooooo Sweet! I love Jerry floating on his sweet little balloon! reminds me of pooh bear :)

Danni said...

Wonderful card!!

Tracey said...

Such a sweet card Lisa! Love it!

Michelle VP said...

Congrats on your baby boy! I've got two and they love being brothers. :) Love your card too. Perfect paper and saying for Jerry. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps