Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Blog of the week...

Hey there everyone!

I decided that I'm going to start a special post honoring a "Blog of the Week". This will be a blog of any type (not just papercrafting related) which has caught my attention and I want to share with other moms/women out in blog land!

My first blog of the week is the blog "Fed up with Lunch" a very unique blog about a school teacher who is eating school lunch every single day of the 2009-2010 school year! Blogging anonymously, she is writing about what was on the menu for the day as well as including pictures of the food! She is trying to bring awareness about what our school children are eating for their government subsidized meal. Sometimes the only REAL meal many children get. With all the issues about childhood obeseity it is a VERY interesting blog to follow and one that I plan on checking out every day on her journey.

Why did it catch my attention? Well, my hubby and I have been debating about school lunch for our son who will be starting Kindergarten (sob!) next fall. I want to brown bag his lunches, but hubby doesn't see the point since we will qualify for discounted or free lunches. I really don't want our son to be eating them as I KNOW what they look like! As a substitute teacher, I see waht is on the menu and what it looks like every day...and frankly it's not the most appetizing. Thankfully, it still looks like I remember from back when I was in grade school. The typical corndogs, corn, mac n cheese, spaghetti, green beans, ham n cheese, ect...and yes, Pizza day is still the kids favorite day! But I KNOW that I can make the brown bag lunches I would send soooo much more appealing! And MUCH healthier for that matter! So I will keep on trying to get my hubby to understand why I think it's so important for him to let me have my way...this time, at least!

I hope that you too will go check out this new blog...it's very interesting to say the least!

0 Words of Love:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps