Sunday, February 07, 2010

Trying Out a New Technique: Feather blending!

As many of you know, I love trying out new ideas for card making and new techniques for coloring images. I've been slowly gathering Copics into my little collection (I'm up to 31!) and when I learned about a new Copic coloring technique, I decided to give it a try.

This card features the Copic coloring technique of Feathering!


Honestly, this card just fell together! Once I colored the image, I had no idea what to do with it. So I just started digging through cardstock and then this card just pulled together and frankly, I think it's one of my better ones! I used my very first PMS Fairy for this card, Emma, as she had some great space for the technique. The sentiment is from the Fluttering By set by Verve. I chose it because it went with the brightness of the card.

The layout comes from this week's challenge for The Fresh Batch (SASSC51) and Our Creative Corner (OCCSC1) and the technique itself is for the newest challenge #21 on Copic Creations.

The feather blending was done using markers from two different color families: Y11 (Pale Yellow) and B01 (Mint Blue). You can find details on how to do this technique HERE. It's very easy and makes the image look so much awesomer! (yes, that IS a word!) I am DEFINITELY going to be using this technique again as it makes my few markers go much further!
Card Details:
Stamps:
Emma (PMS), Fluttering By (Verve)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring:
Copics (Y11, Y13 B00, B01, B02,E35, E37, C3)
Paper: CS-Tempting Turquoise, Yo-Yo Yellow (SU), White (GP); DP is from stash
Accessories/Tools: "Stardust" Stickles, yellow/white ribbon, hemp, button, daisy border punch (Marthastewart), white gel pen

I'd love to hear what you think about the feathering technique! Have YOU tried it yet?

11 Words of Love:

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous! Love your card!

Toothy said...

Absolutely Beautiful!

Carisa said...

adorable!! you did such an awesome job - i just tried out this technique tonight too and LOVE it!

Laurel said...

Stunning card! thanks for playing at OCC.

Tina said...

Super cool coloring. Such a pretty card!

Christi said...

What a fun technique! This is gorgeous!!!!

Jennifer said...

Ohhh lovely! Those colors are beautiful. Thank you for joining us at OCC, hope you play with us again.

Rose said...

this is beautiful and luv the colors

thanks for joining us on the OCC Sketch Challenge this week :)

Simply Shaz said...

Ooh...this is lovely! I lOVE the colours you used..i love everything about it :)
Thanks for joining in with us at OCC :)
Shaz x

Jennifer Meyer said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, LOVE the feathering technique use used with your Copics!! Beautiful layout!

Thanks for playing along with the OCC ~ Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

mycardz said...

Awww, what an adorable card! You did a great job on the feather blending technique too. Glad you could join us at the Copic Creations Challenge. hugz, Mary

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps