Tuesday, February 09, 2010

A CASE of my FIRST PMS card!

As part of our Birthday Celebrations on the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog this month, the Makeup Artists (Design Team) were asked to find their very first card made using Paper Makeup Stamps. Then we were told to CASE it! I had to search and search, but finally found this cheery card as being the first PMS card I ever made back in March 2009!

This bright card was made using two of the stamps from the Buggy Sayings set; one of Katie's very first stamp sets she released! It's a delightful set and I highly recommend it.

So what to do with this CASE? I knew I wanted to keep the colors and the stamps, so I just re-worked it a little bit and here is what I came up with



I kept several of the orginal components, but added some new things. I used my Labels 8 Nestie for the sentiment and then chalked it all over with yellow. I used the Candy Cane embossing folder for adding some texture to the yellow layer. And since Candy Cane is striped, I thought that matched the little bee quite nicely! I kept my bee at the bottom like last time, but instead of paper piercing and adding stickles to his flight path, I used a very nifty rub-on and then did some paper piecing on the bee. I stamped him on Yo-Yo Yellow cardstock and then colored in the black stripes and cut him out. Then stamped him AGAIN on white and layered the yoyo yellow layer. Then cut it out again--this time WITH the wings. Then stamped him a THIRD time on the card front and popped him up over it with dimensionals, so I didn't have to worry about cutting out his little legs! I went over his black stripes with Black Diamond Stickles and over his wings with Stardust. I like this version of the card a LOT more because it's more simple.

Card Details
Stamps:
Buggy Sayings (PMS)
Ink:
Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: Basic Black, Yo-Yo Yellow (SU) and White (GP)
Accessories/Tools: "Candy Cane" EF, "Black Diamond" & "Stardust" Stickles, black buttons, black double stitched grosgrain ribbon, swirl rub-on, "Labels 8" Nesties


Want to see some more remakes? Go to the PMS blog and see what Tina Hale found as her first PMS card and what she did to re-make it!

3 Words of Love:

Tina said...

Faboo! I love this.

Randee E said...

I LOVE this remake Lisa!! How did you do the little Bee swirlies - love those!!

Danni said...

Love both of them!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps