Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Whip-It-Out-Wednesday!

I know it's been awhile, but I'm back with a project for Whip-It-out-Wednesday! If you are like me, you get tons of small squareish cardstock scraps. You don't throw them away (gasp! Of course not!) but they pile up don't they? I know mine do. I was trying to think of a quick birthday card, when I saw a picture of a card in the new Mini SU Catty. The picture had a simple notecard with 4 butterflies on it with a tag. So simple and I loved it! So I decided to make my own.


This card took 10 minutes MAX to make it. And that's only because I ran each of those butterflies through my Cuttlebug with my Butterfly Nesties. I had yet to use my smallest butterfly in the Nesties set, but it was perfect for those small cardstock scraps. I used some Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry scraps. I chose NOT to emboss these with a Cuttlebug folder, though that is definitely another option. I also opted not to emboss with the Nesties either.Then I carefully folded up the wings and attached each butterfly with a glue dot lining them all up. I used some adhesive gems and cut strips of 4 for each body. A simple "Happy Birthday" stamp from the new Birthday Cheer set by Paper Makeup Stamps and *viola!* A easy-peasy and classy card for my sister-in-law! I plan on making more of these and stashing them cause you ALWAYS need a birthday card!

This card is also my sample for this week's challenge on the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog. Our challenge this week is super simple--BIRTHDAY'S! If you want to play along, just make a project or card with the theme of birthday. Then after you upload it, add a link to your card to Mr. Linky so we can come see what you have made! If you have a gallery on SCS, use the keyword M4TW12 so we can find it!

I also am submitting this card for this week's GIRLY challenge #23 on Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturday's. There isn't too much more girly then butterflies and bling! LOL!

Card Details
Stamps:
Birthday Cheer (PMS)
Ink: Rich Razzleberry (SU)
Paper: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry (SU) and White (GP)
Accessories/Tools: Butterfly Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, adhesive gems

5 Words of Love:

Tina said...

Such a fun card! Love those butterflies.

Maria Gurnsey said...

I made a super quick one using this sentiment too. Aren't they great ;)

Sanwanya said...

simple yet beautiful

Christi said...

Girl I am SO sneaking this idea from you! LOL!! This is gorgeous and I too have never used the smallest butterfly Nestie but I sure am now! :)

Katie Cotton said...

love it!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps