Sunday, January 31, 2010

Playing Dress-Up

I don't know about you, but one of my most favorite things to do when I was little was to play dress-up. My mom had a trunk which she had packed full of fun costume clothes! There were dresses with silver and gold threads running through them. Old prom dresses. Old hats. Fluffy boas and sparkly purses. Oh the hours I would spend pretending I was a Cinderella or another princess off to my ball. But my most favorite thing to do was to dress up all fancy and then go and practice my piano lessons. I liked to pretend I was a concert pianist and even bowed and curtsied during my "performance."

Thus, when I saw the stamp that I used on my card to share with you today, I squealed with delight and bought it on the spot!


This card features the stamp Dressing Up Maggie by Sugar Nellie. I really wanted her to be fun, so I mixed and matched all my colors for her outfit. What is more glam then a green sparkly boa or a pink glitter purse? Because she is mismatched, I decided to put together paper that didn't really match either. I think it really worked well in this card. The "Life's a Ball" rub-on is in memory of my dress-up days and was perfect for this card. I used the Z-Fold design found HERE.

Card Details
Stamps:
Dressing Up Maggie (Sugar Nellie)
Ink:
Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copic (YG06,YG03,Y21,YR23,B02,B00,R20,C3,E37,E35, E00,E21) and SU (Regal Rose)
Paper:
CS-So Saffron, Bashful Blue (SU), White (GP), Green from Stash; DP-"Jr. Varsity" (SU) and flowered from stash
Accessories/Tools: Sm. Rectangle Nesties, "Stardust" Stickles, rub-on, white gel pen


Yes! Paper Makeup Stamps is getting ready to celebrate it's 1st birthday on Tuesday!!! We have so much fun planned for everyone! A blog hop! Prizes! Special Giveaways! Woohoo! Make sure you check out the PMS Blog on Tuesday for more details!


0 Words of Love:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps