Saturday, January 02, 2010

Just because...I like Verve

Well it's already the second day of this new year. Are you confused as to what day it is too? For some reason, my mind keeps telling me that New Years Eve is supposed to always be on a Friday night. Where on earth did I get that idea??? LOL! But I keep thinking today is already the weekend! LOL!

Do you have those moments where you think "you know, I should just get rid of that ______ because I really just don't use it very much."? And then you decide to hold onto it...and then suddenly you use it and *poof* you remember why you bought it in the first place because it's so cool? LOL! Yeah, I TOTALLY had one of those moments. I have all the gizmos for heat embossing, but never do it. I don't know why. Maybe cause it's an extra step? Well, I decided that the look I *needed* for a card I made this week required embossing. So I pulled out the stuff and used it and then was sooo happy I didn't get rid of it! LOL! Seriously, I need to use it more often.

I made this set of three cards using some of my favorite polka dot paper. It is rare that I EVER make doubles of ANY card, and triples? Well, that's highly irregular! LOL! But I really wanted to do it!


This card features one of the butterflies from the Fluttering By set by Verve. I used one of the flourishes from an old clear set I have. I used pearlessant embossing powder over the black ink on the butterfly and the flourish. It really does an extra punch to this card, so I'm glad I did it. You can see it better on the solo card below--feel free to right-click it for a better look.

Those butterflies are paper pieced and let me tell you...it was hard to get them between the dots! LOL! I kept the inside of the cards simple...just more of the flourish and "just because" which is also from the Verve set.

Card Details
Size: 5" x 5"

Stamps:
Fluttering By (Verve), Flourishes from stash
Ink:
Graphite Black (Brilliance)
Paper:
CS-Basic Black (SU), White (GP); DP-"Turquoise w/black polka dots", "Red w/black polka dots" and "Green w/black polka dots" (Paper Studio)
Accessories/Tools: white grosgrain ribbon, white gel pen, embossing gun, pearlessant embossing powder, Cuttlebug w/Square Nesties

I'd also like to point out my new watermark! Isn't it just the cutest? My friend Shaela (who is AMAZINGLY creative) offered to make it for me! She was even able to work in the bee I was desiring! *muah* You just rock, Shaela!!

Well, I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

4 Words of Love:

Danni said...

Oh I just LOVE these!!

Melyssa said...

These cards are stunning! What an impact you made with so little colours! Awesome!

Shaela said...

fabulous cards - and the watermark looks great! Glad to help out. :)

Katie Cotton said...

adorable! And can i just say i love the new watermark? How perfect that it has a Bee!!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps