Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year and a Challenge

Welcome to the new decade! 2010! Can you believe it's 2010? Seems sooooo weird. I hope everyone had a delightful and fun New Year's Eve last night. My family doesn't do anything too exciting...just movies, popcorn, sparkling cider and *cheers*!

We need to start this year out with some fun, so how about a challenge?? This week's challenge on the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog is brought to you by Design Team Member Tangii Crain! Tangii wants everyone to make cards or projects using the colors Blue & Silver or Black & Silver! That should be very easy for everyone to do!

I decided to go with Blue and Silver for my card.

Now, I might have *cheated* by using Night of Navy, but it makes such an elegant card and it is still technically "blue". LOL! I got the idea for this card from this super fabulous card by Christi. I decided to use the same layout and stamp set (Starstruck by Paper Makeup Stamps), but left off all the stars. I just like the look of my nice silver sparkly ribbon. The design on the stamped cardstock is the swirl from this stamp set stamped in silver. I also sponged silver ink onto the white sentiment layer before stamping the sentiment. It makes it really shiny *in real life* even if it doesn't show up on the camera.

Card Details
Stamps:
Starstruck (PMS)
Ink: Night of Navy (SU), Starlite Silver (Brilliance)
Paper: CS-Night of Navy (SU) and White (Georgia Pacific)
Accessories/Tools: silver ribbon, silver gems, Cuttlebug w/Swiss Dots EF, sponge

We hope you play along with the challenge this week! Remember that you don't have to use Paper Makeup Stamps, but if you have them--why not ink them up? If you are uploading your project to SCS, make sure you add the tag M4TW10 so we can find your project! And then don't forget to link it up on Mr. Linky on the challenge post! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

5 Words of Love:

Tina said...

Super stunning! The colors are so rich and decadent.
Happy New Year!

Kim said...

Lisa, that is just gorgeous!! Happy New year.

All Pink girl said...

Wow stunning card Lisa ,realy elegent and beautiful
happy new year
hugs Dawnxxx

Katie Cotton said...

love your card!!!!

Danni said...

Beautiful!! Really a striking combo!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps