Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Whip-It-Out Wednesday~ Week #4: Got Ribbon?

If you are like me, you've got ribbon. You've got ribbons in every color of the rainbow with all different patterns. You have long ribbons, short ribbons and even teeny "I'm keeping this piece of ribbon because i KNOW I will need it as soon as I trash it" ribbon pieces. Well bust them out! It's time for some ribbon embellishments, baby!

This time, let's play with those very short--and VERY VERY short pieces. I have a plastic bag of them. i have a random container with them. I have them in sooo many colors! LOL! The cards I'm sharing today are SUPER simple, but they are very cute. I got the idea from THIS card and I am sharing my own version with you. So how do you get started? I began with that piece of butterfly ribbon. Then I matched colors to it choosing the number of ribbons I wanted to use. The edge of the sentiment was outlined with a watercolor pencil, then I used my blender pen to soften the blue.

I've found that the best way to attach the ribbon is with a strip of double-sided tape. This allows the positioning to be just right. Then just add the sentiment w/ribbons attached using dimensionals.

This is very very easy and uses up those little scrap ribbons! And you can make sooo many varieties of this card! I've found that larger/longer sentiment work the best because they allow you several pieces of ribbon. If you decide to share what you've made, please let me know so I can "oooh" and "aaahhh"!

Have a great rest of the week!


Don't forget to get entered in my Birthday Blog Candy Giveaway!!

2 Words of Love:

Danni said...

Oh I like this! And had to giggle as I have several pieces of ribbon on my desk that are tiny but I just couldn't part with them!!

Michelle VP said...

I have a small bin of ribbon pieces that deserved to be used, haha! Love your ribbon tabs - the butterfly one is so pretty and turquoise is my favorite blue. Nice idea to outline the saying to tie in the color too. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps