Thursday, December 31, 2009

Twelve New Loves from 2009

It's the last day of 2009! Tomorrow ushers in a new year and a new decade! I thought I'd take a look back at twelve things that I fell in love with this year in the stamping world! Maybe one of my twelve will be something new for you to check out!

12. Michelle's Blog! I bet you probably haven't ever been to this blog before and that means you are missing out! It's my friend Michelle Z's blog and it is amazing! Nearly every day she gives you a step by step tutorial for creating fabulous works of art. They aren't cards, they are masterpieces! She is brilliant with the brayer and features it on almost every creation. I love checking this blog out every day!

11. Splitcoaststampers Daily Challenges! These are my go-to forums for jumpstarting my mojo! There is a challenge for everyone--everything from technique to color inspiration to teapot inspiration to sketch information to a Featured Stamper inspiration! These have really gotten me going on days when mojo is at a bare minimum.

10. Mojo Monday Challenges! A site sponsored by Verve stamps and one that provides you with a sketch EVERY Monday and contests the first Monday of every month! If you haven't checked them out yet, you need to over there!

9. Cuttlebug Challenge Blog! this is a great site for getting inspiration on new ways to use your Cuttlebug folders, as well as keeping you up to date on the latest release information!

8. Gorjuss Girls! I bought my first Gorjuss Girl this year and it was love at first sight! So much fun to color! You can find one for your very own at Funky Kits

7. Digi Stamps! I had never really used them before this year, and through the course of 2009 have accumulated quite a few in my stash! I was skeptical about them at first, but then when I discovered the joy of flipping images, as well as resizing...well, they quickly gained my approval. And I just love using digi Word Art and Sentiments because of the crisp image you get! Some of my favorite digi stamp companies are: Fresh Brewed, Doodle Beans, and Paper Makeup Stamps

6. Card Maker's Sketch Book! This book is a must-have for those of you (like me!) who need a jump start on your creative mojo! I received mine for my birthday and it has a special place of honor on my desk!

5. Nestabilities! These little suckers are a dream come true! Everything fits so nicely together and they are so fun to use! The Peony was the very first one I owned and it holds a special place in my heart!

4. Cuttlebug! I bought my first machine and am officially addicted to embossing folders! Have you seen the new Asian line coming out??? Fantabulous! Dying to get a hold of them!

3. Copics! This year brought me my first 13 Copic markers! I'm in love! Now if I can just make my coloring look as good as all of yours!

2. Stampin' Up Paper and Ink! I know many of you are laughing going "duh!" but I just became obsessed with this during the latter part of 2009!

1. Paper Makeup Stamps! I was introduced to this company at the beginning of the year and was fortunate (freakin' lucky!) to be chosen to be on the PMS DT and work with the fabulous Katie Cotton! Oh my gosh! What an awesome experience! The ladies on that DT are simply amazing and the products are just *WOW*! I will be a PMS lover for life!

So there you have my Twelve New Loves of 2009!

I'm sure I have many more, but these are the 12 that I wanted you to know about the most! I wonder what new loves I will find in 2010????

3 Words of Love:

Katie Cotton said...

awww you are awesome!!!

Shantaie said...

Lisa, I enjoyed reading your list and was happy to see that cuttlebug challenge blog made the loves of 2009!!
I can't wait to see what 2010 brings! Happy New Year, Shantaie
www.inkingpink.blogspot.com

Maggie said...

Wow Thank you for introducing us to new blogs, I enjoy your list and discovering new friends.
Have a bless day,
Maggie

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps