Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ribbon Weaving and a Reminder

I am one of those people who would prefer to have 3-6" of snow rather then random flurries that just taunt you with their fluffiness. Give me substance!!! I love making snowmen and snow angels and snow ice cream and riding 4wheelers with my boys! I'm ready for my first big snowfall for the season!

And then it can go away until next year! LOL!

My card for you today features a technique that I really love to do: Ribbon Weaving!
It really is easy to do and not only uses up ribbon scraps, but makes a very pretty embellishment for an otherwise plain card. I really dislike this picture, because you can't tell that everything is hot pink in color. I used Melon Mambo cardstock with my hot pink ribbons and it looks so cheerful and fun! Grrr...I might retake this picture later...but you know hot pink is hard to capture on film...
Anyways! I like the look of adding baubles to the weaving once it's attached because it adds just an extra bit of mmmfff to the design. The sentiment is from the Dream Big stamp set by Paper Makeup Stamps.

Card Details

Stamps: Dream Big (
PMS)
Paper: CS-Melon Mambo (SU), White (GP)
Ink: Graphite Black (Brilliance)
Accessories/Tools: "Swiss Dots" embossing folder, Square Nesties, Bella baubles (stampingbella.com), ribbon, "Stardust" Stickles, Black Spicca pen

Don't forget there is only 5 days left for you to get entered into my Birthday Blog Candy Giveaway!!!!
There are three prizes to win, so come get entered!!! All you have to do is just leave me a comment--how easy is that?? Click HERE to get yourself entered!

4 Words of Love:

Danni said...

Another awesome creation and idea!

Tracey said...

Love the weaving on this! A fabulous card!!

Michelle VP said...

How creative! Love this ribbon idea and I'm sure the hot pink looks fabulous in the right light. :)

Christi said...

I love all of that ribbon!! Beautiful job!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps