Sunday, December 06, 2009

PMS December Sneaks~ Day 3

Today is Day 3 of the December Sneaks--the last day of our sneaks this month. Tomorrow will be our Design Team Blog hop and then our Release Party will start at 8pm CST (9 EST) over on the Paper Makeup Stamps Forum. We hope you will come play with us!

The sneaks for today are all the Word Art Singles and the Sailing Word Art Mini-Set. All of these sentiments can be matched with the images from the Sailing By set seen on Day 1, or by themselves. I have chosen to combine the lighthouse from the Sailing By set with the Word Art Single Psalms 27:1.
This is possibly one of my most favorite verses in the Bible. It has brought me MUCH comfort over the years, but especially during this last year throught all my trials. Pairing this scripture with the lighthouse, just seemed perfect. I did the lighthouse image using chalks. I stamped the lighthouse, then used yellow for the light, a mix of blues and greys for the sky and then brown for the ground. I used more of a circular motion which left some texture in the coloring. Once I had this colored, I used my largest square from my Nesties set to cut/emboss the image. Then layered it with white cardstock. The scripture was cut/embossed using my Labels 8 Nesties. It's hard to see, but I paper pierced all along the entire edge of the card front. I decided I needed a bird in my image, but didn't want to freehand--so I pulled out my Verve stamp set Forever in Our Hearts and used the tiny bird single image stamped in Going Gray ink. The only embellishment I added were tiny dry starfish--REAL--that I had stashed away. They complete the ocean touch that I wanted.

Card Details
Stamps: Sailing By and Psalms 27:1 (PMS); Forever in our Hearts (Verve)

Ink: Graphite Black (Brilliance), Going Gray (SU)
Coloring: Chalks

Paper: Basic Black (SU) and White (Georgia Pacific)
Accessories/Tools: Square Nestabilities, Labels 8 Nestabilities, mini starfish, paper piercer


For more of the Word Art Singles and Mini Sailing Word Art set, head on over to the Paper Makeup Stamps blog!


Don't forget to get entered in my Birthday Blog Candy Giveaway!

3 Words of Love:

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card. Love the verse and the great image. TFS!

Michelle VP said...

Love the soft feel the chalks give your lighthouse. Perfect to pair it with this scripture. :)

Kim said...

Lisa, sweetie, this is so beautiful!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps