Friday, December 25, 2009

My Very First Layout!

Well, today is a super busy day for most American's and several other countries. Christmas has finally come upon us! I'm sure most of you are with your families enjoying the quality time. For those of you who are actually blog hopping today, it's time for this week's Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge, brought to you by the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog.

This week's challenge (M4TW09) is to make a holiday scapbook layout. Oy! When I read that, I instantly went--um, no! I am NOT a scrapper and never WILL be one. I just don't have the time for it, nor do we print out many photos. Oh and me and photo editing programs just don't speak the same language, so digi scrapping is out too.

So, what was I going to do? I NEEDED to challenge myself. Could I actually put together a layout? I decided to go look around the SCS Scrapbook Gallery and discovered that there were smaller layout's which were more my style. I decided to buck up and try a 6 x 6 layout.


I went with a non-traditional holiday approach, but keeping it winter so that it will qualify for this week's challenge for There She Goes (TSG34) too. The stamp set Snow Happy by Paper Makeup Stamps is perfect for that! I pulled three of the stamps from the set to make this layout. I got my idea for this layout when I saw THIS one on Splitcoast. So I took her basic idea and made it my own.

The thing that took the longest was cutting out the snowflake and waiting for all the glitter to dry. The swirl is a chipboard "Thicker" that I've had forever. I went over it with Stickles (Icicle) before attaching my sparkly snowflake.

6 x 6 Layout Details
Stamps:
Snow Happy (PMS)
Ink:
Old Olive (SU) and Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:
CS-Rose Red, Old Olive (SU) and White (GP); DP-"Jr. Varsity" (SU)
Coloring:
SU and Prismacolor Markers
Accessories/Tools:
Stickles (Sequins, Icicle, Stardust), crystal brad, white chipboard thickers, Labels 8 Nesties, Sm. Square Nesties, "Swiss Dots" CB EF, dimensionals

I'm hoping to get a nice pic of me and my best friend this weekend, as we will be seeing each other tomorrow. Then I can add our picture and frame this for her.

Okay, now that I've finished, I will admit that scrapping a 6 x 6 is WAYYY more my style and I could see myself doing it again in the future.


8 Words of Love:

Julie Marshall said...

Love it! I haven't scrapbooked in a long time....for the same reasons you mentioned. But, you've inspired me! TFS.

Toothy said...

What, you have never made a layout before, well it is beautiful. I thought that you scrapbooked.

Tina said...

This is super adorable. I love the papers and colors you chose and of course, that sweet snowman.

Kim said...

Lisa, that looks wonderful!!!!

Maria Gurnsey said...

This is super cute. I just ordered that set from Katie :) Can't wait to get it!!

Katie Cotton said...

super cute!!!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

I can't believe that this is your first layout, it's great!! I love that set that you used, I'm going to have get that set! Thanks for playing along in the TSG Challenge this week :)

動感 said...

給你一個鼓勵 ..................................................

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps