Sunday, December 13, 2009

The best way to mend a broken heart...

It's another Sunday and already the middle week of December! This year is so close to being over and yet that just seems like an impossible thought! 2010? Weren't we supposed to be driving hovercars and living in space stations by now?

My card for you today is also for this week's Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge (M4TW07) over on the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog. This week's challenge is a sketch designed by...Me! I hope you will take time to play along with us! Remember that you don't have to use PMS stamps and the shapes can be tweaked as long as the main idea is there. Use the keyword M4TW07 if you upload to Splitcoaststampers so we can see your creations. Don't forget to add your link to Mr. Linky too! My card uses two of the circles, but I used a bow instead of the bottom circle and went with Labels 8 instead of a standard square.

This card was fun for me because it was really my first time trying to age things with sponging. I used Kraft paper (SU) and then sponged a Chestnut Roan ink on the shapes and on the distressed edges of the patterend paper...and the the edges of the card front. I think it looks pretty good and ended up looking exactly how I wanted! The sentiment is from the The Purpose of Friendship set by Paper Makeup Stamps. It is 100% true! LOL!

Card Details
Stamps:
Purpose of Friendship (PMS)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU), Chestnut Roan (Colorbox)
Paper:
CS-Ridinghood Red, Kraft (SU); DP-"Love Dotted Diagonal" (Paper Studio)
Accessories/Tools: Labels 8 Nesties, Classic Circles Nesties, sponge, silk flowers, adhesive gems, satin ribbon, distressing tool

Speaking of Paper Makeup Stamps, have you taken advantage of this weeks special for Countdown to Christmas? Since it was the 12th day of the 12th month, Katie is giving everyone 12% off your entire order! This is good with the already reduced items! Just use the code 1212gets12 when you checkout!


Don't forget to get entered in my Birthday Blog Candy Giveaway!!

6 Words of Love:

Lisa Kind said...

Very pretty card, Lisa! Love the layout too! Great job on the sponging!

Christi said...

This is beautiful Lisa!! I love those colors!!!!

Michelle VP said...

Such a lovely card! Love those warm colors and that red flower. Great sketch - I hope to create a card for it this week. :)

Maria Matter said...

so very pretty Lisa!!!!

blessings, Maria

Katie Cotton said...

beautiful card hun!

Tina said...

This is so lovely Lisa!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps