Wednesday, November 25, 2009

W.I.O Wednesday~ Embossed Notecards

Welcome to Whip-It-Out Wednesday!
As I said last week, I'm using every Wednesday to give you a card or project which uses minimal supplies and takes 10 minutes or less to complete.
Last week I shared some simple Thank You cards. Today's project is Simple Embossed Notecard Sets.
I started making these sets several months ago and since then have sent many more out to various friends around the country. They are easy and look very nice! Everyone always comments on the embossing because it is really showcased on these cards.

To save time, I make these cards with pre-folded white notecards available at most craft stores, but I get mine in packs of 40 at Wal-Mart. They come with matching envelopes, which is why I find them perfect for making into sets. I believe I paid around $7 for the set of 40. They can be found in the scrapbooking section at most Super Wal*Marts.

When choosing an embossing folder, make sure it's a design which can be used vertically. I used to use the Birds & Vines folder, but it wasn't wide enough going the direction I needed. I like to use the following folders for my cards:

Stylized Flowers Cardinal Snow Leafy Branch

Snowflakes

These are just some of the Cuttlebug Embossing folders that I have on hand, but the ones which allow me to match up designs the best. Each of my sets contains 6 notecards with two embossing designs. I've paired the winter ones together and the floral ones together, but you can do whatever you want--even make an entire set just one design. Every card is matted in a different color, but that's just my own preference. These sets feature the "You are in my prayers" sentiment from the Nature's Song set by Paper Makeup Stamps.

Materials
*Notecards w/envelopes
*Embossing Folders of Choice
*Cardstock
*Adhesive Gems
*Sentiment Stamps
*Ink

Measurements
Notecard Base: 4" x 5 1/2"
Colored Layer: 3 1/4" x 5 1/4"
Embossed Layer: 3" x 5"


I recommend attaching your matted embossed piece to your card base before stamping your sentiment, so you can see how much room you have.

I like to package my sets in the clear boxes you can get at most craft suppliers. I get mine from the fabulous site Roses on Paper where they are only $.75 each! You can find them HERE. Once you package them, just tie some ribbon around the box and it's all set for giving out as a gift! And each card takes just a few minutes to make!

2 Words of Love:

Stacy said...

What a wonderful gift idea! These are so pretty. Sometimes I forget "less is more". I will be making some of these for my co-workers! Thank you for the great idea!!!

Katie Cotton said...

oooo, these are really neat!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps